First Build. Need help deciding everything!

Lol you wont die. I run 13t. Have to tighten well cuz does slip very little when it’s warm. Heres a good read about erpm. It has its limits and wiggle room. You will however be dissapointed with 245kv on vesc.

I would try looking for something like 190 KV or 200KV.

I am very light. But I’m not the only one riding with 20T, there are other people on this forum who ride with it. I was actually given the pulley for a setup from a friend of mine. I have never heard of 12T pulley being used, if the weight of OP is really important, than a bigger motor would be more important, OP could use a 149kv motor, with MUCH more copper in it, run it with a 16 or 18 tooth pulley and still have all the torque OP needs.

Exacly. Reason is setting in here.

I mean I almost did, the belt skipping isn’t necessarily a problem except for the fact that it will destroy your belt, it’s not being able to break.

We are not looking for extremes. We are looking for what is “optimal” :slight_smile:

It will be funny when the op shows up and corrects us all hahahaha

I don’t understand what you mean… In general, for anyone, I would recommend a board with a 190kv motor, a 10S battery, and a 16:36 gear ratio. For those that like 6s, I recommend a 245KV motor, 16(or 18):36, and 90+mm wheels.

He is saying 12s though…read it two 6s or one 12c…I think he means 12s

Didn’t mean to start a holy war. I did mean 12S.

I think I am going to go with a 213kv motor, 10S battery and 16:36 gear ratio. That seems to make the most sense.

I know, I’m just saying that I don’t usually recommend “extremes”

Ehh well… Shot down… That setup sounds great! Should get you around 26-30mph

Thank you for all your help!

I’ll try to remember to post pictures of the completed build here

Are you going to turn this into a build thread? If so you should update the title to be the proper format.

Yup 10s would do the trick. Heres my 10s 5s series then parrallel. 10000mah

1 Like

how do i link them in parellel and series?