First build! Need help with choosing battery

Oh seriously? Huh I must have misunderstood that kv thread. Thank for the help :slight_smile:

nah, hitting erpm limit shouldn’t damage the VESC anyway, just causes errors. The hard limit is 100k.

The errors at high ERPM will actually blow the DRV8302. A good/bad analogy would be a misfire while redlining an internal combustion engine.

1 Like

my mistake!

1 Like

No worries! There is a lot of information out there, it can be a challenge to digest.

1 Like

Just to be very clear ?,…when a ERPM of 60.000 Is Set …and Hit at full throttle, what happens ??

• Damage to chip?
  • just limiting rpm
  • cutoffs ?

You can set the vesc to have a limited erpm below 60k so you cant exceed 60k erpm while riding (Im doing this). Yes going over 60k will damage the vesc and cause errors.

My question is what happens when you hit the Set erpm limit ??

Does the motor just continue to run at that limit, or does the motor cut off ??.. dont wanna be thrown off board if motor just cutts off when limit is hit ??

From what I understand, it’ll stop accelerating after hitting the set limit. If you check “limit erpm with negative torque” it’ll slow down your board if it goes past the limit. Please correct me if I’m wrong.