First build! Need your help!

Hi! First build and i’m holding my index on the order button. But first I would really like your input!

This is what i already have.

Board is a Fibretec similar to this: http://www.kahalani.se/fibretec-longboards-21 Trucks (Not sure about the length):

This is what I think I will get Motor:

Mount/Pulley/Belt (15 mm belt I think): Wheels: ESC: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/ Battery 2 pcs(?): Remote/Controller: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-2-4ghz-nano-remote-controller/

What do you guys think? Im really unsure about the batteries and motor. I don’t have a clue about what else to get when it comes to batteries but I’m pretty sure that Alien or Torque motor would be what i would buy instead (if I would get something else).

I might need some new risers to prevent wheel bite as well…

Am I completely off?

Would really appreciate any inputs! :slight_smile:

//Jaykob

I would recommend caliber trucks, this: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/single-bolt-on-motor-mount-with-drive-wheel-kit/, and a lower kv motor like this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-192kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html

Not to mention that you posted a 50mm motor mount, your motor is 63mm. I hear the nano controller has problems dropping out may want to look into that as well. I have the same batteries and motor and I think it works great, about 19mph top speed. I can climb reasonable hills also which I need in my area. I would recommend the FOC Box, it has a 30 or 60 day warranty I forget. Torque Vesc 1 year warranty will cost you more than half the cost of the vesc. FOC Box (Enertion) is about $50 more and may take longer to get to you but I would say it is worth it (I was impatient and it bit me in the ass). I would also say to get Caliber 2 Trucks, simple no hassle trucks. Good luck and I’m a nooooooooob but this is just my experience from research and info and advice given to me when building my first board.

What’s your battery though? Sounds like you’re running a 6s, with 10s he probably wants a 190kv or lower (VESC doesn’t like it if you go too high with the RPM).
EDIT: just noticed someone else make the same comment about the motor kv being too high. If you want speed get 190 and adjust your gear ratio.

You can run up to 220kv @10s. 230kv @ 8s works amazingly!

1 Like

Great advice. I already have the trucks but I’m considering getting Caliber instead.

Yeah, really like the FOC configuration so it seems worth going with FOCBOX. Where do I find the size of the motor? Can’t really seem to find it in the specs on the website? Sorry for the idiot questions! :nerd_face:

Ok so 10s setup with 190kv motor should be a good match?

yeah! definitely.

Great! :smiley:

Is this the “motor size”? Or where do I find this length?

The motor usually will say something like sk3 6368 or sk3 5058, the first two numbers will tell you if it’s 63 or 50mm

63 is diameter and 68 is length of motor

Haha… why didn’t I see that. Thanks man :slight_smile:

I think I have 150mm trucks (Paris). Would that be too tight to fit everything on there?

I really like the trucks cruising abilities on my current setup. Feels like 180mm will be to wide for the deck.

@psychotiller @PMLangston

@Jaykob, to be honest I have no clue. But if your trucks are in the drop down list then they were designed for your truck and you don’t have to worry.

If you’re running a single motor setup you shouldn’t run into any issues clearance wise.

Even tough I think it will be a tight fit I have a feeling that it could work with a few millimeters to go. Thanks for all your help everybody. Greatly appreciated!

1 Like