First Build Single drive

I don’t know how to tell fake cells from real using a multimeter.

1 Like

Oh god. Trolling is real. I was looking for sag in voltage after taking on hill climbs etc. It held voltage even after going up 2km of 15 degree incline. If the aren’t Samsung they are still damn good

Ahhh it’s all good. I don’t live there anymore. But yeah I will

Sorry didn’t mean to be so negative but hard to see any pack coming out of china with real cells for that price that’s all.

Shall I crack it open and have a look? Didn’t really want to but now I’m curious

Enertion packs are from China :rofl:

any ‘generic’ pack coming out of china

happy? lol

meftV0q

1 Like

I have seen worse. The only major flaw I see in that pack is the absence of fishpaper between p-groups.

There are a few other things I would have done differently but it seems like a decent pack for the money.

4 Likes

It’s funny because Matrix uses pics from eskating.eu batteries… On some of their pics you can still see the eskating.eu logo. https://french.alibaba.com/product-detail/10s3p-12s3p-Electric-Skateboard-Battery-44v-60772806589.html

That isn’t your battery, is it? Because if you count the number of cells, it’s clearly just 15 times 2 which is 30, not 50…

The pictures of the battery opened and wrapped in shrink wrap appear to be two completely different batteries. @Rusins pointed out something blindingly obvious which is the open battery appears to be a 10s3p battery. Dimensions don’t add up to scale either. The open battery shows a 232mm to 138mm (1.68:1) length to width ratio which does not correspond to the shrinkwrap battery which is clearly over a 2:1 ratio in terms of length to width. My guess is the battery you have does not have samsung 30Q cells but is a 10s5p config or it does have samsung 30Q cells but is in a 10s3p configuration with a fake section commonly found in misquoted chinese batteries where an empty chamber is covered in shrink wrap to make the battery seem larger.

Just my thoughts

Or it’s just a decently made Chinese battery and they buy in gigantic bulk to profit?

2 Likes

I love the clarinet case enclosure😂 Kicktails are awesome Nice work!

2 Likes

Yeah sorry I just read back over emails from Matrix. That picture was before they started building mine. It is a 10s3p for another customer.battery

1 Like

How sweet is that thing?! :heart_eyes: so cool!

nicely done! :slight_smile:

Pretty sure those are stock photos they send to everyone…

2 Likes

Not… 40 cells is 180$ on Imr and if a company buys in bulk they can get cells below 3$

The BMS and anti spark connector could easily walk that up to 190 and is that $180 with or without shipping?