First build, still a few questions

ehhhh you probably won’t. There are 3 phase wires

oh yeah i got confused, do i need to buy a connector for those or is it ready to use? im using and esc not a vesc btw

Yeah I know you need balance charge for 2+ cells in series. I’m wondering why he needs the 6s balance adapter. Like he’s trying to charge two 3s batteries in series? Why not just cut the cost and charge them individually? I have 6 batteries now and I’m charging them individually until I make enough to afford the parallel board and learn how to hook them up. I’m trying to help him as well as learning for my own sake. Thanks for correcting though. 12 years of school and 3 years of college doesn’t teach me SHIT. LIke I’m so clueless about electricity that 2 months of researching for my build taught me more.

how will i go about charging them individually? just courius

LOL Same. @ShakeNBake7000 You would probably be better off just spending the money on a charger. I guess you could get a 4.2V power supply or use some sort of transformer to step down another supply, I mean hell at that point you might be able to make an arduino do it. (It would take years to charge though ;)) Point is, if you charge each cell individually you’d have to plug and unplug the charge to each cell 6 times each time you wanted to fully charge the board. Since a typical charge is going to be 1-2 hours I’d say that that would mean you would be changing which cell would be charging every 15 minutes, 6 times, per charge. I’m not sure it’s worth the extra work (especially since one you build it you are going to want to do multiple full rides every day) I actually go out of my way to make excuses to ride it… (grocery shopping, drive through food, need to see a view etc)

lol yeah I think ill find excuses too about the 3 pin between to motor and the esc do i need to buy connectors for those or do they come ready to connect? my ESC:

my Motor:

hmm it doesn’t tell you what kind of connector the esc has so I’m guessing it doesn’t have any so you have to solder yourself. The motor has 4 mm bullet connector though.

1 Like

so i need to buy those 4mm connectors or just solder the motor and esc cables together?

Yeah I don’t think you should solder the motor wires to the esc. Other people might say otherwise though. If I were you, I’d get the female 4 mm bullet connector and solder them to the esc so later if you change your mind about the motor or the esc you can swap them out.

can u link me some? I can’t find it on hobbyking, is it used for a lot of things? because if it is I can probably buy it here instead of ordering online

just go to an rc store with your motor and find the ones that work and buy it there.

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Plated-Bullet-Connector-Battery/dp/B01CJMAMT0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1498569708&sr=8-10&keywords=4mm+bullet+connector Honestly though spending 8 bucks for these which you gonna use 3 of them is not worth the money. But if you trying cut the cost might as well solder the shit together but get your motor the run the RIGHT direction first.

yeah i thought that was a better solution but im not sure they will have the connector ill check and then see what ill do

they will have it trust

1 Like

thank you so much for the help guys

1 Like

really man, i cant thank you enough, i gave up but u kept explaining until i understood

1 Like