First build, would love your advice!

You’re right, thats a pretty gorgeous board. I wish I knew how to make the enclosure he did.

He sells them

1 Like

Think he’s doing a black Friday sale too

1 Like

Do I just message him on here for more info? The site linked on his page isnt esk8 related

Think so. He has a enclosure thread too.

1 Like
1 Like

Sweet, thanks for the help!

Let me know what you need to know. BTW @BruSkater was able to mount a 10s5p on that enclosure. This deck is beautiful, perfect size and shape, waterproof and a joy to ride:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/eboosted-enclosures-thread/38073/1086?u=eboosted

1 Like

Ok so I’ve begun collecting my parts for the single belt cruiser build, here’s it so far. Any tips would be great -tb 6374 190kv -11s3p from BKB -focbox -tb trucks and motor mount -97mm ABEC wheels -16/40t TB pulley set -tayto 31’ deck -bkb 1/4 risers -2.4 nano remote/receiver -diy fiberglass enclosure

Any things else I need? Maybe connecting wires? And not sure what bullet connector or battery connector to gdt on the focbox, any idea?

Anyone? 10char

The focbox will have a xt60. Not sure what bkb 11s battery comes with (xt60 or xt90)… but you can get Adapters pre made from hobbyking, or make them yourself. Also bullet Connectors on focbox and tb motor are different sizes. Adapter or changing the connector on focbox or motors will be needed.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks good

1 Like

For anyone wanting an update, I decided to go dual BKB 6374 190kv, using dual focbox, 11s3p from bkb, 97mm abecs, 15t/40t gearing from TB. 218mm TB trucks, on the tayto 31" deck from BKB with the @Eboosted enclosure.

1 Like

My components finally came! It’s not out together right but I wanted to see how it’ll look

20181222_143904 20181222_143926

2 Likes

I tested out the board tonight, but have no idea what my setting should be. I only got up to 19mph with my setup, I’m guessing my vesc setting are largely what’s holding back my power? Can someone take a look at my vesc settings and tell me what to change to get the speed/power up to around 25mph? (Without overtaking my electronics of course) Maybe @JLabs , @b264 , or @mmaner ?

I’m running an 11s3p (30q) on a single 6374 with 16/40 gearing, and 97mm wheels.

Also, is it possible to have a reverse option?

20181228_181204 20181228_181215

1 Like

You can raise your battery max to 60a safely. It’s your gearing that’s keeping your speed down. With a single motor I would use 16/36. You might try raising your motor max to 80a.

@mmaner great advice, I’ll try that out. If I were to run dual 6374, what gearing would you suggest? And should I do any setting different?

I would still start at 16/36 and move to 15 or 16/40 or even higher depending in your torque needs. Gearing is just something you have to play with.

Bigger motor pulleys give you speed, smaller gives you torque. Bigger wheel pulleys give you torque, smaller gives you speed. When u say bigger and smaller I’m referring to tooth count.

3 Likes

Battery/motor settings remain the same if I went dual?