First electric skateboard - advice please

I’ve got a friend who could potentially make some out of carbon fiber for me but if I’m honest I want aluminum. 3D printing is the easy solution for sure!

I’ll look into the pulley system further. Thank you!

Aluminum ones here

107MM flywheels will still be your best option for wheels though

Any particular reason as to why those would be a better option over the Orangatang wheels? Is it fitment or something?

Its pretty much a whole list of things

Softer wheels - nicer ride Bigger wheels - cracks in the road are less noticeable Pulleys for that core is more accessible

Its basically the ultimate esk8 wheel

@MrDGOrman That’s my switchplate, you can find it here. Feel free :slight_smile:.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2323619

3 Likes

Nice. Someone on Reddit used it or it might have been your build

1 Like

I have some new models I’ve been working on, likely post them today here…

4 Likes

make sure your wheels fit whatever deck your using…I went away from standard calibur and decided on extended tb218 cause it seemed easier to work with… you can still do dual 6355 on regular caliburs, just less space… how much do you weigh guy? :slightly_smiling_face:

@moon okay I’ll take a look at them instead. Thank you :+1:

@mmaner That’s really clean. I’ll test my options and will then probably have one made out of aluminum to give it a more premium look. Thank you!

@trancejunkiexxl I’ve got the db Freeride DT 38. It appears to have plenty of room for these wheels. I’m about 80kg in weight.

Cheers, Daniel

1 Like

I’m not sure if a single 6554 is good enough for 80kg

@moon that could definitely be a problem :joy:

If anyone has any information to support this then I’d be really grateful!

A single 6374 would be fine

Have you thought about the electronics side of things?

PS

I have motor mounts and motor pulleys I can sell

Also trampa sells abec wheel pulleys for £16

1 Like

@moon I’m okay with the electronics, but I honestly thought a 6355 motor would of been fine. Do you have any conclusive information to support it? I can put a 6374 motor on if needs be but didn’t really want to change trucks in the future if I decide to upgrade to 2 motors. I guess I’ll need to do some math once I’ve got the single motor setup complete.

Which motor mounts/pulleys do you have? I only have the deck and trucks (on the way) at the moment so I’m going to need everything!

Pro tip. Paying in USD can save a buck sometimes.

The savings are countable when you but a complete long board.

PM me and I’ll send some pics

@Blitz

Thanks I will think about that next time

Are you sure - using your card to pay with USD doesn’t mean more fees?

@Blitz for imports in the UK we have to pay 20% VAT and then 2.5% duty on top of that for the import charges. Then we’ve got to pay for delivery which can sometimes be just as expensive as the product itself.

Some cases it’s really good, but other cases - where I only save £10 max - I’d rather buy it in the UK and be done with it!

@moon I’ll message you now.

Amazon covers import fees and includes in the final price

Someone like diyelectricskateboards.com won’t and you’ll likely pay fees. Depending on item value it can really kill a deal

Yep. Minimum delivery charge appears to be $20 and then it’s all the extra bits on top. Can make a bargain deal just as expensive as the original.