First ever 4WD electric skateboard kit!

No one has purchased any yet so it can’t happen until I at least get a couple of orders. So don’t feel to bad!

Ok, I am in, take my money. Website, PayPal or whatever puts the most in your hands l, lmk

Website mate! Just put a note for the size you want!

Big boys for sure, can wait an extra week or two (but save some summer here for me in NYC!). Please check and confirm my order made it through the website, it froze a few times with the spinning eyeball loading icon and I didn’t want to order 5 sets so left without a super solos confirm.

Also can you post or email me specs for the larger stator motor, looked at 80100 details but there were several versions kv etc. Thanks!

I’ll be winding them to 70kv for a good high top speed really should be 50kv.

It will more resemble a rotomax 50cc but the rotomax is the new version of the turnigy 80100.

2 Likes

What the future of hub motors look like.

7 Likes

Vesc built into hubmotors?

yep, know we just need micro batteries and we could have the whole thing in one motor.

What will you do to dissapate heat? In the other thread you mention this is for the 83mm hubmotors and has a max rating of 8s 40a, why so low? Assume you will increase the size for the bigger hubmotors?

Pretty exciting stuff man, would never have thought to hide the vesc in the hub itself.

40a for my 83mm hub motors is way plenty!

This will not fit internally inside the 83mm but it will in an end cap but in the bigger motors it will fit and heat will not be a problem at these currents in such a big motor.

It’s about size, 8s still give you 30km/h. But the mosfets that I’m using are very low resistance so heat will be low and they are also a lot thinner and smaller.

The mosfets are rated to 40v so if you charged your 10s space cell to 95% 39.9v you would be fine. I could still use a 50v MOSFET but the jump in resistance is a lot.

All other componants are rated to 50v compared to the original vesc’s 63v

2 Likes

Will your bigger motors use a higher voltage/amp vesc?

Nice to see that this project paid off! (Patent this asap, it’s turning into a real mess).

Any news on this? - How is this not one of the busiest topics on the board? - These things are the center-piece of my dream build!

Lol my thoughts exactly!!! This is the best thing ever.

These might work better on a Hummie hub or Carvon since they have a stationary end. The Jacob Hubs are full hubs, meaning that it would have to fit inside and be able to deal with he elements.

I love the concept, let’s see some in the field!

I’m getting a sample made soon! But it’s expensive lol

Yeah, I bet.

How do you plan to affix it to the motor? Are you transitioning from a dual end cap to a bell design with a single fixed end cap? Makes sensors easier too.

Did you ever get those diagrams?

naaah… you have to figure it out yourself