This is my first esk8 build. Please have a look at my parts list to see if there’s anything I am missing: What I want: I want something that has decent acceleration for my weight (200lb). I want something that can go about 20mph and has good range (10 mi). Don’t really have a lot of steep hills around so I am not worried about losing speed when going uphill. Here’s what I’ve got for a parts list so far - haven’t bought anything but the deck.
- 9-ply maple 39x10 longboard deck
- caliber II 50 degree trucks - are these wide enough for a dual rear drive setup?
- 90mm flywheels
- Dual turnigy aerodrive sk3 6354 motors 260kV - will these fit on my rear truck without modification?
- riser pads - maybe get the 1" and file them down to get desired clearance?
- DIYE electric skateboard motor mount caliber II truck compatible
- Michobby dual vesc 150a w/ canBUS cable - Any experience with this particular setup?
- Two 6S 5000mAh 50C battery wired in series for 12S
- 12mm motor pully and 3 or 4 to 1 gear ratio. Any good retail ones that would work for my setup?
- Misc. parts & connectors.
- 12AWG wire for electric drive system
- Kill switch
I appreciate any feedback you can give me!