First test: TA-BROS hub motor adapter hanger for Avenue RKP suspension base plate

Surprised this mod isn’t more popular.

3 Likes

because avenue is stupid and doesn’t sell the baseplate seperate, only the TKP one, which no one rly wants.

3 Likes

Now that both Avenue and Evolve sell all of their truck components separately (YISS! :blush: ),
How would Avenue baseplate + Evolve 218mm motor hanger + hub motors + skateboard/short kicktail deck go, hivemind?
In theory I really like the wide wheelbase that would compensate for the height due to raisers and what not (90mm hubs) , i think, tho I can’t imagine<:P

https://avenuetrucks.com/collections/all

Also, I wonder what are my options when trying to downsize the 218mm normal hanger? To make it accept hub motors

Edit: ya I got something very confused here

I don’t see it on the avenue page. Where is it?

What hangers can these avenue baseplates fit? Paris?

Depends what Baseplate. TKP is with slight mods compatible with some as far as i know, but RPK is unique and fits none.

1 Like

Why did u put the sorbithane pad in there? Is the spring too springy? I always thought these things would bend with strong acceleration and braking but is there any of that?

1 Like

Aside from the batch of custom hub motor hangers I made, I still haven’t seen anyone else make custom hangers for the Avenue RKP suspension baseplate (not any that i’m aware of in my recent searches anyway) The Sorbothane sphere that topcloud used inside the suspension area is for micro vibration absorption - any additional absorption is better than none :wink: ! . @Hummie, the spring is very stiff and not simple to flex. To additionally clarify the strength of the suspension plates - it takes about 1000lbs (one thousand pounds) to reach maximum compression. And Avenue says they’re designed to withstand hundreds of thousands of FULL compressions before showing any signs of fatigue.

I’ve LOVED both my 2wd and 4wd setups with these Suspension plates along with my cnc machined hanger. It is night and day to me when i switch to my (2) other un-suspended boards.

I have a blast carving with my Avenues, here’s a clip with my Avla Pescado Grande on them: https://youtu.be/KhlEQ700G5Q

6 Likes

so sad they don’t sell the baseplate, the RKP one

1 Like

what do you mean? it clearly works so go for it.

1 Like

So two ideas, here.

You make the best hub motor in esk8.

We could take my Hummie hubs and CNC up a custom wide hanger that works in the Avenue RKP base plate.

This could be awesome for a daily driver.

Only drag is Avenue baseplates are top mount. I use them on almost all my penny boards, they’re miraculous on the hamboards biscuit.

I like Avenues on these Hobbywing hubs. I’ll send them to you to try out. If you think they make a difference we can make a hanger for fun, maybe it can help your Kickstarter!

1 Like

just checked my mail and they replied, they do not sell them seperately.

You’re right! @donta42’s hanger works. If anything, it almost causes me annoyance because at times it legitimately feels like I’m on purple Kegels - and then suddenly, i feel that scraping Tupperware-feel of Hobbywing 90s. It really bugs me lol.

I think it’s the Hobbywing ESC, yet it’s not a priority. The plan is to put the Avenue Hobbywing kit on an R2 deck with new Maytech 100a ESCs and sell it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes