First time build! Never going to start if I don't post this

I’ll email my contact this weekend. and I’ll add 1 for you.

Just remembered its Chinese New Year so they might not get back to me right away. It’s worth the wait though. These BMS’s are much better than the stuff going on Ebay.

1 Like

All good. I was just thinking about that today since I made a few orders from chinese companies. Bad timing. I just barely ordered the motor, vesc and batteries so I’ve already accepted that its going to be a few weeks before I have everything anyways.

also - question: I was reading about cell level fuses on the forum, do you think that’s worth the effort?

I don’t think it’s really necessary if your just building a battery for your own use. It’s a good idea if your building batteries to sell as a business. Are you gonna build a Li-ion pack or a Lipo system like what I have? I’ve built and used both and in my opinion the Lipo system is easier to build and maintain and delivers a lot more power than Li-ions pound for pound.

I just sent email to my contact at Bestech. Here are the specs:

I just got an email from Bestech. Their factory is closed until February 6 for the new year

Yeah I’m going to follow your lipo build. Ordered the batteries last night

Good choice. Voltage sag is very minimal with this setup. Even when powering up hills.

What’s the cost on this BMS? I’m interested in getting one as well.

see this post for reference http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/first-time-build-never-going-to-start-if-i-dont-post-this/16474/17?u=curioussavage

This an invoice for 2.

Thanks. If you order a bunch I’ll go in for 1 or 2.

I ordered 2 for myself and 1 for Curioussavage. I can probably add 1 more. If they don’t up the shipping for additional modules then the total for 1 would be $58 plus shipping from me to you. I won’t know for sure until they send me an invoice. Or I can give you the email for my sales contact if you would like to order direct. The minimum order qty is 2 modules.

I didn’t buy that battery, but I have bought wheel pulley inserts for the otangs, a 3000w hub motor, and a remote from him, and he has always been super cool.

Send me the contact info please, I think I’ll get 2 but it’ll be a week or so. Thanks

My contact is Lucy Li [email protected] the Bestech factory will be closed until Feb 6 in observance of the Chinese new year

Awesome, thank you sir.

Below is the spec sheet showing the adjustable values. When you order, you will need to specify the values you want for those. They are only adjustable at the factory. Lucy will send you a spec sheet with recommended settings and you will need to request the over discharge voltage set at the max 3.0v for use with Lipos. The maximum for over current detection current is 240a Apparently, this module can easily handle 80a continuously and up to 240a peak. It is probably the most robust BMS currently available to us.

1 Like

For a controller, I recommend this one. It’s every bit as dependable as the gt2b and is very compact. the trigger action is precise and smooth. It runs on AA batteries. If you put AA lithiums in it, they will last for up to 1 year depending on how much you ride. I like the fact that i don’t have to keep charging it all the time or worry about the battery going down. And the steering knob is removable making it more compact. https://electric-skateboard.market/product/2-4ghz-mini-remote-receiver/

1 Like