Fishpaper and cell level fusing, USE IT!

If you guys are interested I can post a little “how to” on cell fusing. I have a few methods that might work well for the home builder. You do need a spot welder to do it.

39 Likes

Yes, definitely interested!

+1 please.

I disagree. Lifepo4 is the safest chemistry available. I have never seen a lifepo4 fire. If you have a video at hand prove me wrong.

2 Likes

You guys need to check out www.diypowerwalls.com for fusing techniques, material tests etc. We have some really indepth discussions about different options over there.

2 Likes

Yes. Lifepo4 is the safest chemistry. It requires a extremely negligent care to cause a fire. The very few cases reported were because of a faulty bms or charger, not by the cells. I never Heard of a fire caused by the cells.

Yes! I was going to ask you to do this yesterday. Would be much appreciated

This should be good…Keep this thread bumped up to the top of the list. Here’s a thread that was pretty helpful. It’s got some good info throughout.

I will be adding some photos and tips on battery construction with cell level fusing. It wont be all at once, I will edit the original post periodically over the next few days/weeks!

3 Likes

Any more updates? Pretty please :grin:

I second that! really want to understand the cell level fusing better. I don’t quite see how it works.

1 Like

I have a 10s4p cell fused pack if you’re interested :stuck_out_tongue:

Wana show me the way? :stuck_out_tongue: I want to learn how to do it, and do it right.

I can show you if @Jinra or @chaka dont

I’m interested as well

Also, you can spot weld fuse wire

I do it differently than chaka since I soldered straight to cell, but basically you have a buss bar (brass for me) that lays on the side of the cells. The fuse gets soldered onto the buss bar connecting to the cell creating a parallel connection. If a cell outputs too much current, it’ll blow the fuse disconnecting it from the rest of the parallel group.

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/1/d/1d39f3077cca9f7c079925b2efab9c39d7c1efcf.jpg

1 Like

This is how I did mine HOWEVER they seem to break from vibrations.

22 awg solid wire and chaka cell holders.

Seems like you need more slack

1 Like

I thought mine was breaking due to vibrations as well, but it was in fact high current.

1 Like