Fliess - Bulletproof DirectDrive

@GreasyGearsWRX

1 Like

Would you be willing to share the CAD models? Also, have you patented this shit yet? You could sell these for good $$$

I think it’s already patent by carvon not sure this is carvon drives but diy @Trdolan03

I’m thinking I could make this work with the busted hubs I got from Alextech. I’ve been meaning to rewind them for several months lol but this has inspired me. Especially with carvons prices. What to you think? I’d have to shave down the trucks probably in a square shape to basically have a keyway and figure out a way to connect the wheels to it. Now I finally have a reason to rewind those paper weights.

3 Likes

@Sapphirinia, all is possible. I would first of all check if central hole in stator can be enlarged from 8mm to at least 10. I am using 12mm axle. After this you will need to use different bearing with inner diameter 10mm. Which will probably not fit in current place, etc. In other words, it’s not 1 evening project :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hallo Leute.

Small update - Fliess3 Stainless has done it’s first illegal 1000km. So far the motors don’t seem to need any intervention for servicing. The 83mm wheels however are getting smaller and smaller due to some learning attempts to slide :crazy_face:

And today my wife’s Evolve braked suddenly while she was riding, because pretty big piece of wood debris got stuck in between belt and pulley and could get lost because of belt protection. On the photo we have already rotated the wheel reverse in order to get rid of debris. The wheels was really dead blocked and couldn’t rotate forward even with force :confused: Conclusion - shitty belts, better ride DD guys :wink:

15 Likes

I read this thread properly for the first time today and it’s really tempting to do all of this.

Just don’t have the equipment :disappointed: maybe next year at uni I can use workshop

1 Like

@moon, yeah dude, I understand you very good. When I started Fliess1 in 2016 I didn’t have any single tool. Moreover I knew, that I will have to do it all just in apartment. Luckily my neighbours were Italians and they are not much sensitive to noise :smile:

4 Likes

Geile Scheiße Man :smiley:

Love to see how it holds up all the abuse from german roads, it’s what’s keeping me from using anything but pneumatics for now but this looks great.

3 Likes

@Der6FingerJo, and this considering that german roads are very decent :slightly_smiling_face:

Thing is also that I never try to avoid bad roads, but rather challenge my Fliess with them :crazy_face: Yeah and sometimes choosing a worse way is just necessity in order to avoid being too visible. This is real shit :expressionless: I would have already done 2000km since 2018 instead of 1000km if it was legal…

Never understood pneumatics. Maybe because never tried though.

2 Likes

Yeah i know, the illegal part keeps me back too. This is why i chose a mountainboard instead of a regular longboard, much more possibilities to go off the official pathways. And since i live in a somewhat rural area the regular roads require offroad capabilities too :laughing:

Honestly i’m fine with pneumatics, though i’ve never had a lot of PU experience since i only rode my regular eboard for a few months before the ATB.

2 Likes

Beautiful work you have done - Juts floor clearance concerned:thinking:

Nice comment you have left - not a concern clearance is, believe me my friend :wink:

3 Likes

Sell these

@Chase, believe me if it was enough demand, somebody else would already make a business part :slightly_smiling_face:

The demand is there ! Carvon makes them, torque boards have shown prototypes as well.it’s just a matter of time. Direct drive is the shit

3 Likes

Isn’t the correct term axial drive?

2 Likes

You playin with fire here bro :laughing::joy:

6 Likes

Theres a demand!

lol at least one person gets my humor :joy:

2 Likes