Flipshit strikes

Hi all,

I’m pissed off. I was on my way home and on the way as I arrived to the gym, i picked up my skateboard and heard a metallic shaking. When I came out of the gym and went on my merry way home, there was no power to the motor. The control showed my speed from pushing but there was no power.

I took the vesc apart at home. Flipshitbollocks 75100 and one of the pieces had just fallen off. I’m not even planning to ask for a refund as they will just worm there way out of it and are in China so there’s fuck all consumers can do.

Does anyone know if this piece being off means the motor too could be f’d?

1 Like

More pix

1 Like

Those are electrolytic capacitors (caps) and I think mosfets. Yeah those should be attached. Looks pretty fuckered from here. Condolences.

Suspect the motors should be ok since there was no sparks or drama.

2 Likes

Cheers. Does having a better quality ESC prevent this? I’m not sure if it shorted for some reason or if simply vibrations and bad soldering are to blame.

Can you recommend an/some ESC/s to replace this heap of horse shit?

Thanks man

1 Like

respect man, you pick up well…

I’d be lost for days before admitting/understanding/planning for repair due to what were at fault.

1 Like

It was soon bound to happen. I said it myself before. Hit and miss. If its a 75/100 esc, you can try your luck on the makerx 75/100 one. Although i haven’t heard much about it for a while.

Edit, or the sv6 if its a single motor. Same issue though. Haven’t heard much about it save for an issue with my guy @boulderboy

2 Likes

Thanks Leon. Yeah you did say, I remember. Balls to it.

Do you know if this enertion focbox is any good?

It apparently has the capacitors additionally secured with silicone. I’m just abnoyed as don’t think my bluetooth module from flipsky will work on it.

Do you think the motor should be ok?

2 Likes

I hate using the bus lol

1 Like

They’re very good they’re from when I was into esk8 a lot, They used to be the best Idk what’s new here. But that’s too expensive for it. there used to be group buys for it at 70-80gbp with postal something like that.

1 Like

They’re actually pretty good, but i wouldn’t get one due to them being rare. Id go with the sv6 or the trampa vesc. But the price is crazy…

Edited for corrections.

2 Likes

Going for the sv6 as I’m not on Elon Musks salary. Trampa boards one must come with a teleportation feature?

1 Like

Espresso maker. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’d buy it if it was capable of turning my board into a missile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah my SV6 bricked day one. MakerX was happy to have me send it back and repair it, although I expect the lead time on this repair to be several months and I don’t anticipate seeing it back to me anytime soon.

2 Likes

I was still wondering about that. Thanks for the update.

Yes, but you notice it says “Out of stock”. Never plan to use unobtainium.

FOCBOX are very repairable if the MOSFET traces aren’t blown off the PCB.

2 Likes

Ah. Do people still repair them? I was unaware of that.

1 Like

I repair mine when needed.

It’s not really worth it to repair them for other folks though. I think some folks still do, but not many. Depends what your budget is.

2 Likes

Nice to know. Cheers.

2 Likes