Flipshit strikes

The enertion focbox is out of stock in shops but there’s a few on ebay for around £130.

I’m gonna go for this one though 75V 100A single ESC single ubox based on VESC | Spintend.com

1 Like

Flipsky silicones the caps to the board. It is best to have them backed up, and added silicone etc. Then, it is crucial, to use closed cell foam etc, to cram against all parts that are heavy and can wiggle.

Eskates are a WORST case scenario.

2 Likes

You guys take the cake when it comes to esc failures. I dont see toasted speed controller stories anywhere near as often on Endless Sphere, Helifreak or RCGroups. Thinking vibration dampening should become a priority, right after battery safety of course.

2 Likes

This was my very first build and I’ve never done anything like this before. I had no idea that when you pay for something that is designed for use in electric skateboards, you need to make it use able for electric skateboards by amending the finished product. Obviously I understand this now, but its ridiculous thaf thaf is the standard.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

I have double checked and the Fliosjy 75100 I have has zero silicone on the capacitors. Maybe they started using it on newer models?

1 Like

That will fail, the only question is when. You have to add some yourself it seems. They send you a half-built ESC…

1 Like

Bullshit. Plenty of repair guys.

Only esc i personally run up to 12s. Besides user error these are pretty much bullet proof as long as the caliber is less than .338 and fullysemiauto.

3 Likes

Edited my early reply. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve received the Spintend 100/75 today and connected it all up but the bluetooth module it came with doesn’t get picked up by the vesc app. Could this be that its an old type no longer supported by the available apps? I haven’t got a laptop that works with the vesc software so hoping to find a way round this. My Flipsky BT module connected fine but I don’t think that can be connected to the Spintend 100/75 as the cables have totally different labels to those on the Flipsky BT module.

Edit - partially sorted. Wrong port. I’ve plugged it into the UART port now so vesc tool connects to it but then said it couldn’t read the firmware and to check the correct port is being used, so I think maybe the wires just need switching round but I’m too knackered to do it tonight.