Flipsky 4.20 dual vesc .5 miles

I’m having an issue with my flipsky 4.20 dual vesc. I’m having a serial port issue after downloading my firmware. It gets to 100% then gives me the error and disconnects me. I’m also having issues with the pulselengths not being applied. And to top it all off my 12s2p battery that I have with it only gets me 0.5 miles on a full charge. I went through the wizards in the VESC Tool program but still having these issues not sure if anyone can help me but I’ve looked for an answer everywhere.

have you reflashed your vesc ?

How would I go about reflashing the Vesc?

I would suggest you watch a video for this one or ask help directly from flipsky. hasn’t got to play with the vesc tool yet since I’m missing 40% of my build. you could also try on the esk8.news there are more people over there that could help you.

The majority of this was done in a few days at the end of last August but it ended up spanning until mid-December due to a defective VESC (they sent me a new one) and me being away at school.

Parts:

• Deck: Blank Free Ride from customskateboards
  • Drivetrain: Dual 6355 1650W from Flipsky, belt driven 15:36
  • VESC: Flipsky Dual FSESC 4.20 100A
  • Battery: MBoards 12s2p Li-Ion
  • Remote: Flipsky VX1 Remote
  • Wheels: Cheap 90mm ABEC style from Amazon
  • Trucks: Caliber II RKP

For the enclosures, they are 3D printed (VESC) and milled from aluminum (battery). I go into a bit more detail on the picture album. It rides really well and I love it. Top speed should be around 30mph but I haven’t done any real tests for that.

In hindsight, this turned out to be a lot more expensive than I had intended (just under $1k) especially considering most of my part selections were “budget” and not from the mainstream brands like Torqueboards or Enertion. The specs are comparable with other mid-tier to higher-tier commercial boards like Meepo (NLS Pro) or Exway, but I really wanted to build it myself. I had a lot of fun and interesting challenges building it and it has become one of my favorite build projects! https://19216801.onl/

What do you guys think of it?

1 Like

yOU GOT OFF CHEAP. I can go double that.

Often times, budget parts end up costing more.

Sounds like a nice project, not to dissimilar to mine I’m building at the moment. Do you have photos of your build?