Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

Bought the Zill switch which can handle significant more amps than the usual 40A Vedder switch. His motors seem to be great too. Just good to have someone that is quite approachable :grinning:

@kalebludlow yeah kind of

Not sure yet They are playing things close right now pre launch. Interested to see what motor controller they are using too.

Two Vesc6 in the Trampa build but more like a VESC6 clone in the production boards.

What kinda info you looking for? I have 6 R2 hubs sitting here at home. None work good at all. I’ve run through 10 of them in total. All the same results. They aren’t good yet. They get hot. Bearings go bad. Ect… I get maybe 60 miles on each before they break down and need to be replaced. Not to mention the urethane formula is horrible (I have the new updated supposedly good formula too).

IMG_20180907_171425

8 Likes

They’ve never had stock. They still owe a ton of people from over a year ago. :wink:

Wow. That sucks because I was keen on getting a pair for a build. Is that just from running in the R2 or a build?

@kalebludlow @anon42702729 maybe start a thread about zill stuff so we don’t hijack this one. I’ll be getting some more information soon

2 Likes

Just running the R2 as is. I have custom truck made by @Minim and was planning a 4wd build but it’s been ruff keeping them going. :frowning:

IMG_20180814_145542

3 Likes

Saw those heatsink hangers hey. Good call but obviously not enough then. I take it you’re not the only one though. have to be a bit careful here though my friend. You don’t want to summon the army.

2 Likes

Is this from using on the stock 10s? Damn.

Should be getting mine back from Enertion soon and I’d hate to have to send it out again.

Started putting together the vesc testbed! This is one weird build…

IMG_3561

IMG_3566

13 Likes

over the kitchen sink… nice.

4 Likes

I see I am not only one who uses kitchen/living room for assembling boards :smiley:

3 Likes

@Kug3lis @thisguyhere at least when my stuff catches on fire I can quickly put it out with an h2o based extinguisher :rofl:(I kid i kid)

I’m looking to buy a new place though, so hopefully the kitchen sink workshop won’t be a thing for much longer…

1 Like

Haha, It’s good for you guys in states you can find place with extra room or garages and etc stuff… I amazed I found my big place here in central London :smiley: Otherwise I wouldn’t able to work on boards like not at all :smiley:

1 Like

I live in SF so unfortunately it’s not like the rest of the US where you can find places with garages easily… If I were to buy one of those places with a garage it will easily go above $1.1 million USD for a tiny tiny house… So I’m trying to find a condo with a separate bedroom so at least I can have a small work area outside where I sleep

Oh yeah SF is probably the same situation as in Central London :smiley:

I think Central London is way worse haha. Imagine those people in Tokyo :expressionless:

o-MICRO-APARTMENT

2 Likes

Nah I think HK is worts

4 Likes

Sweet backpack though. It’s hard to see because of the design, its on the left, you really have to focus!