FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Info/Review

esk8ts are no joke man, A crash at 50km/h Can kill you and a board flying off at 40km/h could easily injure people.

Please just think about it.

@mmaner What do you have to say about what I wrote? Because as of now you are the main influencer on buying these esc’s

@b264 you were debating why 12s on a focbox is bad, any thoughts on this esc?

If it’s made with components rated at 60V … like DRV8302… then I would never run 12S on it. But that’s just me. I don’t like broken things.

@b264 Did you read into this whole situation?

Yes. I wouldn’t even run 12S on other ESC if they are built with 60V parts.

1 Like

@b264 Dude,

Don’t you get that this esc doesn’t work reliably on 10s when its rated for 12s!!

The topic here is about the Dual flipsky vesc 4.2. manners review was like “I was finding the sweet spot on 10s where I won’t get lots of faults when I hit the brakes”

1 Like

Okay​

6 Likes

I’ve said what I have to say. I told you under what soecs and conditions I have found that it works, and works well. If you want to use it then use it, if you don’t don’t.

I will say this, until you do actually use it you have no business being then voice of disent.

Regarding it’s soecs, it’s works at 12s with 25a motor max, but I didn’t like it. Regardless the stated soecs are correct.

It’s a mid-rand ESC, it does more than I expected given the cost, so your argument about performance vs. a FocBox is just silly given the cost.

2 Likes

Incorrect, not backed up by the facts.

Never said that, not even close. Now your making statement using my name. That is bullshit, starting to miss me off.

5 Likes

OK, I was looking into the whole Flipsky thing all day today and got a little tired so I started merging all the messages So sorry for that.

I just saw this

And then a few error posts and I thought that you were telling guys if they make it 30a they won’t get all the braking errors.

Not justifying stuff Just saying how that got to my head.

Nice review, If you like you can Screenshot my harsh comments make a joke post in the no words thread and then unclog me from your review post.

It’s not brakes that causes the cut outs, it’s to make motor amos. Brakes have no bearing on the discussion.

1 Like

Well now, Just imagine theirs someone at the other side of that screen face palming himself for being foolish in his own ways. Live and learn just why don’t I learn :frowning:

1 Like

Just imagine, a world without idiots. What if, we die tomorrow? But, this and that. @BlitzI don’t know how much you know but you clearly are a consumer and the focbox is for you. But still trying to drum up shit as to why the 4.20 is whatever you’re calling it. Flipsky is not for consumers of the market. Its for the diy’ers.

With that said, ill take any more of your banter into the matter as bashing and respond accordingly. As it was said by @mmaner already, until you own one and scienve it the fuck out, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nope not at all… What happens when it cuts out?

Or we can do it here. But honestly, all you’re doing is looking for attention. Which is fine. But you do it around certain people and you’ll play with fire. Youve been warned. DON’T POKE THE BEARS

3 Likes

You lose control of the board - no brake or acceleration. But it’ll reset as soon as you release the throttle. On Ack’s firmware you can still hold the throttle and it automatically resets itself.

How the heck you don’t have cutouts while literally everyone else has this issue? :thinking:

Why would u say “literally everyone else has cutouts” when the OP said his works just fine after he adjusted the settings. I think the main thing is not to run this at 12S.

I have some other buddies building their boards with this, so far no one mentioned about cutouts.

10s and 30a everything is good. I’m having a hard time u derstanding the push back on this.

Did 10S and >30A on yours give you problems?

I’ve out around 100 miles on 10s with 30a motor max and zero cutouts, at 40a motor max I get cutouts when I hit it hard, at 60a cutouts every few seconds.

Every few seconds even despite going slow?

I wonder if it’s a heat thing. One of my buddies who was monitoring his vesc temp reported exceptionally high temperatures even after a very short ride…