Flipsky Dual VESC 6.6 Plus - Master died

Hi there,

I am having issues with my new Dual FSESC6.6 Plus which stopped working today after it worked amazingly well (for 6 weeks) until last weekend, when I switched it on for a short ride but just saw “-71A” current on the VX2 remote - no function of the board. When I tested, I found just the Slave channel would work, the master does not.

I tested the battery, the remote control and motors (2 x 6374) and completely re-installed the setup, however the master channel does not seem to work anymore.

Anyone an idea or recommendation? I dropped a mail to Flipsky last night already.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s fucked. But it’s not too fucked. I’m sending a few flipskys to China for repair. Pm me if you wanna talk about it. :metal:

1 Like

The dual 6.6 plus is garbage . That’s why they are soooo cheap on ebay now ($154) Better to go with the standard 6.6 that has a larger footprint. Much more reliable and yes older ESC. I can’t remember the specific problem the 6.6 plus has . Was something like too much power or something not being filtered properly before getting to the motor. Google Flipsky dual6.6 plus problems.

hi, i’m new to this site and trying to find some information i have a FSESC4.20 100A and I ran it using just one side to test something and completely burnt out the side (this is the master side). there is no doubt its a gonner but i am curios as to if anyone knows if its possible to somehow cut it and use just the one side (the untouched slave) as a single vesc. i can cut the pcb and solder if needed. thanks in advanced omri