Flipsky Power button toggling when I hit bumps

That will not work, it has 3 positions, it has to have just 2

When you cross the middle and it is not on either side, it will fry the antispark circuit. Its the same as not have a switch installed at all

2 Likes

Wait! First, you must buy a latching switch if you are going to use a button Type switch.

Second, you need a SPDT switch if you want a rocker type.

2 Likes

I reversed the flipsky switch’s connection to the vesc so it fails to closed and resoldered the connection so the LED lights up properly for the new configuration. Lasted 1 more ride and now doesn’t latch at all.

I got 8 rides out of it before it failed completely. Flipsky support’s response was basically ‘yep, you got a faulty switch. Not our problem’.

New switch ordered.

What switch did you order?

so from my 2 second testing on the switch when in the off position S is connected to - and in the on position S is connected to positive.

I assume this should work as a replacement?

Can anyone advise how i would implement an LED that could sit next to the switch? I am yet to use the ESC so I am unsure what voltage it spits out for the LED. So unsure what LED to buy and what resistor to use.

Whelp, you live you learn. :unamused::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Just a generic spdt vandal switch off amazon prime.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015GTWFUW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

what happened?

Dunno, doesn’t matter anymore. Still runs. What are your 4th of July plans? Wanna see fireworks? :grimacing:

Adafruit sells a very nice toggle switch for $5 + shipping. $6-7 off Arrow if you don’t want to pay shipping.

And the antispark CAN be bypassed rather easily, just a little bit of soldering and voiding the warranty.

oh yes you are right! now I found another one.20190515-112743

the middle leg is short with first leg otherwise, connected with 3rd leg.

what happened!!?!? what switch did you use? please share it so we can get the lesson from your experience

Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t use switches ever. The pic of the burned board was to just give you all an idea of how serious to take their quality control

image I made this switch for my dual FSESC

it worked very well!

2 Likes

Just got a new power button and I was wondering about the wiring since the colors are way off from my old button. Need to solder to 3 pin connector that goes on my esc. Any help much appreciated