Flipsky VX2...any thoughts?

Ah, didn’t realize. Thanks!

Just checked with Flipsky, it will be a per trip mileage… The remote/VESC won’t record the lifetime mileage… The mileage will reset after turning off the board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, got a reply as well confirming this. He also mentions that it is not compatible with Focbox, but I don’t get why

I think it is, but I dont have a focbox to test with. I will se if somone here have one i can test

I’m not having any luck with it so far. I’ll try to push on with it and get it to work.

1 Like

very interested on this!

I (with a great deal of help from Q) got it work on 1 motor. No telemetry and wouldn’t share the signal to the other focbox over Can. Which is curious because it would for the mini on PPM. Could be old version firmware on the focbox?

1 Like

ahhh crap! Had high hopes for this one.

It would be so good if you could make it work on focboxes! I’d upgrade to this (if working properly, with no lag or excessive play) and put the Photon to rest.

Keep on the good work! Has Flipsky said anything about compatibility?

I’m trying to work through it. I’ll get some time again this evening.

1 Like

Thanks for your time and effort! Fingers crossed :). Anyway are there any good remotes with a thumb wheel and a screen that actually works with unity? I only know firefly nano thus far.

The pilot remote is supposedly coming from Enertion soon. Trampa wand also due to be released. And of course there’s this bad boy which looks like it may top them all. https://forum./t/osrr-a-high-performance-open-source-racing-remote-for-esk8/322

1 Like

I want the trampa wand but it doesn’t work with unity. The new enertion remote is kinda ugly in my opinion lol. And the OSRR is just way out of my budget looking at the expected price. Hard knock life :frowning:

1 Like

I picked up one of these from @tomiboi

Got it working with unity. Build quality seems solid, I would place it at very high quality DIY just shy of quality professionally mass produced parts

Did a few quick rides including right up to a large power transformer near my building. Haven’t experienced any dropouts yet. Day 1 using it for commuting so far so good. Will write a first impression followed up by one month ownership article soon.

It’s good to see so much competition coming up with remotes. I might try this one out as a backup. I worry about the signal being over the comm/UART. That is a change from what we’ve all been safely working with since the beginning. I would need to test it.

@Ixf Thanks for the shout out :slightly_smiling_face: The tomiboi remotes are testing well with Unity. The next batch will be shipping within 2 weeks. I think you’ll find it to be a whole new level of remote.

1 Like

It works! Updated my vesc tool and updated firmware and away it went. Telemetry seems to work and the trip works and seems to be a lifetime counter? No chance to road test now, been doing some loctite-ing.

1 Like

Lifetime? :open_mouth:

Have you tried turning it off and on again? (the Vesc I mean)

1 Like

Found out it’s not the lifetime! Like you say, as soon as the vesc has turned off it resets.

3 Likes

You got it working on the unity? Or was it another VESC? If it was unity what did you do different?

It was on a pair of focboxes. I updated their firmware and redid all detections etc. First impressions are the dead band is far too large making the throttle movement too short with a massive dead band in between the acceleration and brake. Also the screen isn’t really bright enough to be usable in the sunshine.

damn… I guess I’ll wait for Tramp Fleshlight reviews to surface… :-/

edit: is there no option on the remote to cut the deadband? There is one on the Photon, but in my case it does f#ck all…