Floating board? Keep on Dreaming on! That's how the future is made! šŸŒˆ

Actually yes I have and I do like how they smoke I just hate the weird taste I get from rolling it. Like a menthol taste

1 Like

I hate menthol. I wonder if itā€™s just the brand you usedā€¦ mine definitely didnā€™t have that taste.

1 Like

Personally I donā€™t think something like this is achievable in the DIY community just yet. These massive companies with crazy budgets have only scratched the surface.

Go for it though bro. Iā€™d be very interested to see how you get on!

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve had only two different brands and that was my experience. Plus my wife is very picky. We have a nice piece but sometimes we get $100 oz special and the taste of it is no bueno lol. I just donā€™t do bongs anymore because I only the expensive glass ones and last year I broke 3 pures and a cheapo so yeah no more bongs lol.

Thatā€™s because they want a back to the Future board. Iā€™m not trying to attempt that. What Iā€™m designing is much less complicated. Letā€™s say the bottom eboard is made of copper. Strong electromagnets repel ferrous metals like copper also electromagnets repel one another. I just have to figure how to achieve voltage regulation so I can control when the board leaves the bottom board and how much force I can achieve. Ok let me finish building a proto and Iā€™ll post a YouTube vid for yā€™all to see what im trying to achieve. I think this would be an awesome way to achieve suspension.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol. I walked out of a shop last week because their bottom shelf was $100 an oz.

I get good nugs for $60 tops.

My cat has broken over $1000 in glass over the past 5 years. I hate cats lol.

Whatā€™s this thread about again? Magnets?

3 Likes

Okay so no Back to the Future skateboard yetā€¦ Sad :cry:

But except being cool for a project, you need to ask yourself why would you do that ? Using springs with hydraulics is much easier and is assured to work great, maybe even better

Also with such ā€œlevitationā€, you need to still be able to use the board, so leaning on the side must be kept And finally, if you manage around the problem of leaning, I fear it might only leads to wobble at low speed, the program trying to correct the vibrations, and small body movements. Or if you make you program to go past the vibration, how can you still control your board with slight ajustement (at high speed for example), because the program will just see that as vibrations

1 Like

I will error on the side that you are correct about trying to control the vibrations and leaning and from Low speed wobbles with the electromagnets so that it is not unstable. but rt now lets just get it to float above the other board and stabilized. also iā€™m going to build some kind of box that is able to stabilize the two boards as i attach the stabilizers that will hold it together. If i donā€™t use electromagnets i could go with a permanent float low tech solution but yet leaning will still be something to figure outā€¦

I too have seen the matrix. This is how we get farmed

I heard mention of bong waterā€¦?

Staying blazed staying paid.

exit stage front

1 Like

The way i would do it (easy to do, not high tech but functional) is just 2 metal rods on each end of the deck that are attach to the bottom deck and go through the other one, through bigger holes to have less friction

1 Like

Nerds reporting comments lol

3 Likes

Friends, do you not know?

http://www.arcaspace.com/en/ArcaBoard/features.htm

Itā€™s made from a space engineering firm for a marketing stunt.

2 Likes

I hardly think thats possible since even for a simple thing line the globe in the picture its not too easy to actually place it so it floats but it is also extremely instable. If you push it even a centimeter it will fall off. To make it more stable youd need a lot more power and i dont think youll be able to do that without a cable pulling behind you. The only thing i could think of is if you want to use the magnetic force as suspension and using it with railes to keep it in place

SL1200

1 Like

technical problems aside (of which there are many obviously), how the hell do you plan to steer this new fangled air-sandwich of a esk8 ? I mean, you have to lean heel to toe to exert a force on the trucks, creating an arc the wheels will follow (teaching grandma to suck eggs now). You lean into your air gap and what then ?

1 Like

So this is not happening. Iā€™m pretty sure magnets and batteries underneath them batteries wonā€™t be good either. Not the mention the motors of the eSkate underneath the floating board wonā€™t like these magnets and magnetic field either.

Having said that, prove me wrong and show a scaled version.

Hehe bong water. Yuk.

2 Likes

Well thereā€™s the problem right thereā€¦ That earth is a globe.

Earth is flat bro.

2 Likes

If the Earth is flat, then why are trampa decks like this: trampa

And not like this: flat

???

Check mate, pancake head.

11 Likes

Oh yeah?!? What about the Orrsom :sunglasses:

Take that, 'round-y

4 Likes