Flowdeck X – SoFlow's New Electric Longboard Unboxing and First Ride

I disagree, I think this is the perfect place for this topic. It’s the prebuilt category and these are subjects relating to this category. You are the one who chose to derail the topic instead of approaching someone in PM. For whatever reason you wanted to call out someone who’s helped a metric shit ton of people over the last couple of years.

Nobody is saying you should post relevant info to this category, but having this category is like selling condoms in a fertility clinic :slight_smile:.

1 Like

If you really want me to “call him out” in a PM, I can do that (just did!). But what he and I said were both directly related to this thread. That is not derailing. Me having to explain this to you is derailing, as it no longer has anything to do with the original post.

Is there a topic in the prebuilt section about why the prebuilt section shouldn’t exist? If not, then I think a discussion should be opened up there.

[edited]

agree to disagree I guess.

I respect your opinion and I see your point… I think what I was trying to say was that if this kind of thing might not belong here, then there’s nothing @topcloud can do about that. That’s something that needs to be taken up with admins.

I’m not disagreeing with that. I was saying that it wasnt @GrecoMan that derailed the thread by commenting on the prebuild product. I think that was completely applicable to this thread.

There It goes another esk8er (@topcloud) scare away from this forum… becareful guys, this is a democratic forum. Everybody has the right to express an opinion.

of course they do, but freedom of speech doesn’t protect anyone from being called out on saying stupid stuff. I don’t know why anyone would come here to sell pre-builts, makes no sense.

I guess my assumption is that the pre-built board section of a builders forum and website would have boards that are “pre-built” but from builders…Like some of the people here do make “pre-built boards” and sell them…and then there’s giant companies making completes that are in an entire different demographic…they seem to not communicate or be involved in the community of builders, don’t take criticism of their products seriously and they are in the hobby of business not building skateboards…while the demographic here is one of a community with high standards on products and innovation and push each other and hold themselves accountable. They speak through the products and not just their drive to sell them…I think it’s fair to point out the difference between companies in and out of the community…they are grossly generalized, yes…but there’s a reason why there is a divide…traditional skateboarders have been slow to adopt and be involved with electrics because they see and view this community as one of hipster commuters and consumers of those crappy eskates, the overall image of eskating is highly impacted by the marketing of only a few large companies and not skaters, not the people down here in this forum selling the best stuff and never getting recognition for it…they are use to the skaters running the companies, being the sponsored riders and pushing the industry, not the businessmen behind decks in giant nimble factories…BUT!! IF!! the traditional skaters get a taste of what this community is all about, it’s punk side, it’s down to earth integrity, and it’s badass innovative skateboards, they would think differently of this entire segment of skateboarding, be more accepting of it and the industry as a whole grows and hypes up increasing everyone’s business including the giant companies screwing it all up and failing to understand “the skater”…

1 Like