FOC at 12S anyone?

nub question, where can i get the “new” vesc application?

Vedder said he would be releasing for beta testing, he might have already? I think it will be released to the public in a week or two.

1 Like

I’ve been running FOC at 12s on an Ollin vesc for the past few weeks. Unsensored 63mm sk3. Haven’t had any problems so far.

Let us know how running 12s FOC on generic goes, I’m planning to run it on a Torqueboards vesc after I get my set-up back up and running.

I’ve got a half dozen 4.12s freshly back from canada and ready to cook. Then i’ll send them back to canada because one of my favorite things to do is send Jonny Repair the same burned up 4.12s over and over again so that eventually he’ll claw his eyes out in a fit of deja vu madness. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I better go take my meds now.

2 Likes

I guess people like you are why he has bulk pricing for VESC repairs :laughing:

1 Like

i ran foc today for the fist time on 12s w torqueboard 6355 motor… I am blown away by how buttery smooth it is… and its soo quiet… the calibration was pretty painless also, best of all no cogging… the main straightaway by my house seems like im getting slower passes but, it just feels so damn good…

Have you gone full throttle and full speed yet?

You will feel less final speed against BLDC

1 Like

ya, im hoping that there might be a way to fine tune this setup… it is really amazing though, completely different experience… sure the top end is less, but i think im just going to stay put on FOC

Full throttle made me loose control on the board, vesc reseted and I lost brakes and throttle for 2 seconds, I had to switch back to BLDC for safety reasons

1 Like

wasn’t that just because of a faulty focbox though? Or are you using BLDC with the faulty focbox for now

so how does one fine-tune FOC? are there values to tamper?

I was using tb vesc at the time, I haven’t tested the Focbox on my new setup. I’ll try next week and will report back

this is something i heard about when FOC first started making an appearance backj when, which is why i never bothered with it until now.

Apparently this is still an issue? What’s behind the limitation? More math i won’t understand?

As of right this minute, who has the best app for the HM-10s? I actually do have a few of those modules already, the last time i tried a few apps on my iphone though none of them were saving changes.

I like the work @Ackmaniac has done on his app, works really well but it is an android app.

I agree with @Chaka on android. @Ackmaniac think has a pretty solid offering. On iOS, I haven’t been convinced by any of them. The best one requires you to buy the Bluetooth module from him.

I’d love to do an iOS port of @Ackmaniac’s if he’ll send me the source :wink:

1 Like

@longhairedboy I bought a few of these last year to use with my 4.12 VESCs, but then I chickened out because I thought that the fragile USB port on VESC 4.12 would snap off if introduced to any additional stress or vibration from the cable. I never got around to finding a mounting solution for them, so if ya got one :slight_smile:

I actually think that could be a good thing! There are a lot of features in BLDC Tool that a typical user doesn’t use. I’ve seen hundreds of forum posts here where the questions is “what do I do for ___ setting” and the answer from other forum members is “don’t touch it!”

That would be ideal, yeah. So basically on ios the state of things really hasn’t changed at all this past year. I have an ASUS and an LG tablet so i’ll probably just test with those guys for now. I would be more conveninet to iuse my iphone but whatever.

I have a few HM-10s in a drawer now that i think about it.

@Ackmaniac 's stuff is something i’ve been trying to get around to fully evaluating but i haven’t had the chance. Does his software require a firmware update on the ESCs? I thought I read somewhere that it does.

An app for IOS that actually fucking works needs to happen. It doesn’t seem to be a limitation with the HM-10s since that’s basically just a BT to serial converter. It seems to be a limitation of determination and mission.

You can still adjust everything but you need to stay within the pre-configured maximums. 100 amp motor max, 150 absolute max… etc

1 Like