FOC Mode with Sensored motor

If you’ve run bdlc before with your setup, what was your top speed? Just curious

probably 30, but trust me it wont matter because youll never be that fast cruising.

The new tool is super easy to use. I tried to write down a guide on my site, it might probably help you. I still need to write the guide to setup the motor.

You can check on Youtube too, there are some guides with the VESC Tool.

I thought I recognized your username. I was just going through this thread again:

and recognized that you had posted on my question. In that thread, many of the posters stood by that the new vesc tool makes using FOC alot easier and supposedly, safer. Ignoring my HW, do you think the new FW makes it easier to set up FOC?

@louwii Considering you also support the new Vesc-tool, what do you think of the question I just asked @rich

I never did it with “old” FW but setting up FOC is as simple as BLDC (just the motor detection is different). You can click on the interrogation marks in VESC-Tool to get further information about the respective step so everything works fawlessly. The new FW is safer for FOC but for example my maytech HW didn’t like it (no breaks only drop outs and multiple faults). The reason why I switched to FOC was because my sensored motors were cogging at startup in BLDC mode.

The safe way would be to test first if you get any problems in hybrid BLDC mode before trying FOC.

Ya I think I will do that, hybrid and then FOC if hybrid worked out. Quick question, what erpm did you have the sensors cut out at? Supposedly the default is supposed to be 2000 but ive checked the tool and it was defaulted to 1100.

I never changed that setting, left it at the default 2000