[Focbox] 60A Continuous rating

I’ve ordered the 100A Vesc 4.xx based Maytech Esc. Let’s see what it can handle

I wouldn’t expect much more than you get now :wink:

i’d rate a focbox above a maytech v4…

there are three levels of adjustment, battery, motor & absolute.

might be a good idea to bone up on vesc settings before you do a (rip) “bigbro” and burn up a hand full of controllers & become the wizards best customer!

1 Like

i run a 12s4p dual motors at batt max 30A (30A each vesc= 60A) and they are fine, no overheating at all. i tried 35A( 70A for both) and even the enclosure got hot, i could touch it and feel the heat on my hand. i saw a video of Vedder testing currents and he said vesc 4.1x can take 34A or so continuous.

I don’t think anyone here has tested it with such a high load yet. I would be a big surprise if the performance is much better than focbox which is the current king of V4 vescs.

Are you running in BLDC or FOC? I think BLDC runs a bit cooler. On the focbox you could run 13s and lower amps for similar power.

Is your prop geared or direct drive? A higher gear ratio is a 100% certain way to lower temps. image

I’m currently running 12s @ 65amp battery max on 170kv 6374 single drive on sensored foc with the new maytech 100amp esc and it has been amazing! Once my new metr pro module shows up I can record a ride and verify temps are stable. I can verify a flawless performance so far ~60miles riding pretty hard and going up big Seattle hills no problem

I’m runing in BLDC, no need for the FOC mode. My prop is direct drive. The idea is to have a really easy setup. I only need to pull 70A for about 30 seconds, then it should drop down to 40A continuous. But so far, the Focbox can’t see 70A continuous without raching 80°C and limiting the Amps pulled.

From the datas I’ve collected here and there, not so many people have tried it out but those who did are really thrilled by the power it can handle. I’ll let you know if it does what it’s supposed to and if it can handle 80A continuous like Maytech said. If so, this coould be a real game changer for many e-mtb riders out there. Capable of climbing walls for the price of a focbox !