I purchased a bunch of Focboxes last year in case of an emergency, and well I couldnt get them to work a year later… I started using the new vesc tool and well they all failed motor detection. Im coming from a Mac and it was really annoying so i switched… all units stored in esd plastics and kept with my other gear. I have 2 working Focbox left, so I am really lost here…
steps i followed were
1.) find working power,sensor,phase cables use them for every test.
2.)verify correct hw version and install corresponding f/w version from
3.) utilize wizard and setup correct battery max and motor values for 12s setup
4.) test sensorless first then proceed to test sensors.
I was able to verify all my other gear was OK using different motors and cables so, I know my new battery build is not the issue nor is the cables… I have been working with Johnny on this issue, and have exhausted all my resources. Thanks for your time,