FOCBOX not working - Red led not blinking at start

I tell you what happened just before the breakdown of the VESC and then I give you more data.

Goin up an slope, the engine pulley has been released, I have back home very slow to avoid mechanical problems, and halfway, master vesc has stopped working, the one that move the motor that failed.

Reset, and the red light did not blink 3 times when starting. Blue and green lights stay on. Receive signal from the remote control

No message in the fault code.

I have changed the vesc and motor, and this moves correctly. I have tried to reinstall firmware. The master vesc does not detect the motor, the slave vesc does. The master vesc does not move any motor.

Left one is master (failed)

Some help?

Mostl likely the DRV or one of the mosfet is blown.

Should not send an error in that case?

Drv usually issues fault code (is it at all possible it wouldn’t if damaged?) Do fets even issue fault codes? I’m not helping much here but am also curious

No necessarily, It always depend on how the DRV as blown.

If you want to double check you can make sure those resistor are at 39kohms

1 Like

As I said it is a false beleive

Look at me. Believing in false Gods. Can they be measured mounted or do they have to be removed?

I had the same problem. No fault. Visual inspection turned up a bubble on Vesc. Sent it into DRVWizard who confirmed it was DRV failure and did chip replacement. Bought it back flashed it with Ackmanic’s fw and been happy ever since.

Yes they can be mesure mounted

These are the measures

R30: 39.0 R36 39.0 R46(16?); 9.8 R 29: 5.0 R 35: 5.0 R 43: 5.0

1 Like

As you can see from the picture above R46 is suppose to be 39Kohms, so the low impedance could be cause by the mosfet, the DRV or the resistor. But I can tell from experience, It is alway the DRV.

Funny thing I’ve just made a video about that problem yesterday, I should upload it this weekend

5 Likes

Thank you @JohnnyMeduse What are the options in Europe to repair this problem?

I think @fottaz does repairs?

2 Likes

The Goa’uld mount false gods all the time. Usually during the conquest and enslavement of a human or unas planet that they may or may not decide to completely destroy. But typically they remove them as they never measure up to themselves. Goa’uld literally means god in thier language so they think very highly of themselves.

2 Likes

Dude. Stop it or we are going to get this topic off any topic again. A couple of comments and we are talking about peeing on a weightless planet

2 Likes

not even half a comment! look what you’ve done!

4 Likes

Ooii don’t pull this on me… you started talking about goulds. Naa forget it. I had it coming…

Soo…peeing on weightless planets… any opinions?

1 Like

yeah I can repair Drv, thank you for the tag Johnny!

1 Like

Hi My Foc Unity today is giving me a full red led. I cannot connect via the app or via the vesc tool on pc. Any ideas on what the hell is going on. I haven’t even ridden the board I just plugged it to check some settings over. its only 4 months old :sleepy: