FOCBOX not working

@SeanHacker I am talking about FOC mode, User friendly means it’s not plug and play. You need to be careful while working in FOC specially with 12s setup.

And this device is made for controlling the motor that’s why it is called FOCBOX Motor controller :slight_smile:

1 Like

BLDC is not plug and play either. The vesc needs to be setup while either using FOC or BLDC. it makes no difference. You need to run a motor detection for both as well as settings for the type of battery. Not sure I see what you’re saying here?

It was called the vesc-x before. I don’t care what you guys call it. :wink:

@SeanHacker Don’t want to argue with you further because there is no use. BLDC comes pre-programmed with the controller, very slight changes are required to operate any setup. But for FOC, the case is difference as per my personal experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh? BLDC comes preprogrammed to what? Every motor and battery setup is different. That’s sounds like a setup for disaster dude. Good luck with that advice.

1 Like

Initially every FOCBOX is set to BLDC. You have still to make a Motor detection. What actually means is that you do not have to click on BLDC because it is presetted. One click less and if you count the write button then two :smiley: PS: the focbox detection Needs more steps to make a Motor detection (unless the r2 Firmware)

1 Like

That issue as been resolve 2year ago :wink: since the Alpha phase

OK I’m late to the party…

@fuzzyspikez Can you post some picture of your setup, and put more detail, like are you runing sensor or not, type of motor, are you using some inter-connector?

1 Like

Won’t I lose my warranty on focboxes if I flash ackmaniacs firmware?

Sure, I am using a 10s2p battery on a loaded vanguard deck. Single motor sensorless setup.

I think I might be misunderstood, can you put more info, like screenshots of your parameter (don’t forget to press read before posting them), and picture of your connection. It will be much more efficient of we have access to the most info on your board, because we weren’t there to help you build it and every build have their particularities.

that’s the problem lol, I cant get it to connect to the VESC tool on my computer.

How do I uninstall the COM drives?

Off topic You need to check your motor mount, it looks crooked?

Yeah lol it was, I fixed it already

@L3chef Flashing firmware other than Enertion one is not recommended If during flashing process device stopped working then it will not cover under warranty.

@fuzzyspikez

Go to device manager under COMs & Ports you will see one or two COM port right click on it and select Uninstall Check mark “remove the driver software from the PC” And Select Ok

Is this for BLDC tool, or VESC tool?

This is for both

Ok, so you think that should take care of it?

@fuzzyspikez I hope so