Focbox randomly resetting

I’ll post a video in a few when I take it out for a ride. I just took it apart to look at all connections and they all look good. No burn marks, not indications of hot wires, nothing.

So I actually caught a fault code on the video, got an abs overcurrent fault. Not sure if that could cause the reset but its something. Can anyone give me a clue in how to upload the videos? Can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Upload to YouTube then post the YouTube link.

1 Like

Here is the reset, happens right away and a few times during the video. Idk what happened with the audio, maby ackmaniac knows.

Here is the video of the fault code popping up. Hopefully this leads to something.

Looks like something is shorting. Vesc is shutting down to protect itself.

Yah but what? The motor or the focbox? I really don’t want to fork out the cash for either…

Did you change the max regen (batt min)? That is really high. -40… try -20 on regen?

Yah I have played with it, hasn’t really changed anything. I’ll try again this weekend and let you know

Good news tho, I messaged hobbyking and they are sending me a replacement motor.

How did you go with this?? I just had the same thing. Except I crashed. I thought my remote may have disconnected or switched off, I lost throttle, tried brakes nothing then full. I first thought it could be any number of things but realized the distance and consumed power had reset to zero. Now sure that could be a connection or battery problem (and maybe it is) but I really don’t think it is as it was only momentarily and only happened once… If you found anything I’d really appreciate to hear

@91stantheman see above please Thx