FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Oofie :((

How did you blow it up?

No idea just started acting weird while riding the board. I stopped and the left motor made weird noise. I replaced the motor the same noise happened so I ran a fault check on terminal and found this code :frowning:

Who fixes Unities?

2 Likes

That really sucks :frowning:

Dont you have a METR? Maybe that can help

I know @JohnnyMeduse said he would be, but another resource to check would be with @ThermalM16

FWIW, I think the discussion of forking the unity belongs on its own thread.:man_shrugging:t2:

Guys so to get it right, which is the best ESC on the market for my e-board? Focbox Unity, or would be 2 Trampa VESCS be more reliable or maybe the Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6?

Who can definitely tell me which one will be the most reliable and the one I will not have to replace or care after for many years to come?

I own both. And my trampa vesc 6+ is the most rock solid vesc I ever had.

1 Like

should be an easy fix. Dont have to be the drv!:slight_smile:

Hi @CarlCollins

This still valid? image

1 Like

Im about to buy the unity, is it really going to ship after June 30th? or do I have to wait as some ppl say?

1 Like

Well I ordered mine on March 14th… And I am still waiting. So I hope at least mine ships on June 30th.

But be careful when Enertion says “ships after June 30th”… because this only means anytime after that - not shortly after that

2 Likes

@Don

Can you please confirm the date when you receive the email?

1 Like

New Unity’s might get shipped by August 2019

Email June 19th Order March 27th

Do you want order number?

So its been 100% confirmed that this cutout issue has been addressed? Was it a software mitigation or will there be hardware changes as well? I have a Nazare on preorder and hearing these unity issues have been making me nervous.

1 Like

Hey Don

It’s valid, we are soon shipping your order!

1 Like

Yeah, almost all of the Unity issues has been rectified. It was kind of software issue.

Almost? :face_with_thermometer: so that means we can’t still trust the unity?

So any reports of it happening after the newest update are wrong? I’ve seen a few people mention problems post update so I’m just a bit nervous about it. These kinds of problems are obviously a nightmare for any rider and the new Lacroix I have on order is going to be running the Unity. Seeing as that board can hit 45mph, I’m pretty scared of any issues, let alone an ESC one that could lock the board up at these speeds (and apparently doesn’t show until you are 35+, which is terrifying in its own way).

1 Like

Yes we have addressed all of the issues. We followed up with everyone that reported issues after the update and confirmed that other causes were the culprit. The unity was thoroughly vetted before being used in the nazare, your board will be awesome. Very jealous of you :smile:

7 Likes

@CarlCollins please explain. Man, im 2 weeks away from being able to board again. Tell me if i need to take my chinese brand for the first x amount of time. PM is fine.