FOCBOX UNITY | Official

@jc06505n I edited the Text of it

Changed max value from 2 to 3, and added another line like this *New text.

Edit: OH you knew how to do that.

1 Like

Hadn’t considered that… Definitely can’t wait that long. I’m already lost without it.

Delivery isn’t September… September is tooling. Shipping is planned to start in November.

Click the spoiler :wink:

I did. But your march eta is based on a September shipment. When it’s a November shipment your spoiler should be June/july

1 Like

I didn’t plan to buy anytime soon but the final price with shipping and import fees (I saw evaluated to 330€ somewhere?) seems very disappointing. You can get 2 new focboxes for 300-320€ in europe and the unity was previously hinted as being a lot cheaper than 2 focboxes to produce.

Let’s see if it gets better once it’s distributed by the official affiliated resellers but this early bird deal doesnt sound so good.

6 Likes

Just enable China Post shipping and provide free postage for the group buys. The extra shipping time it will take will be overshadowed by the amount of time it normally takes enertion to ship products out anyway so its win win.

That’s if it isn’t already overpriced China Post already…

1 Like

XT60 and 3.5mm bullets again?

3 Likes

Well, I really wanted to be excited about this… and I was at first. Pre-order pricing looks good and some of the new features are appealing, but retail price looks absurd based on what I had heard early on about this being signifcantly cheaper than buying 2 focboxes (assuming it’s not like the R2 and is perpetually ‘on sale’) and shipping costs are very value prohibitive (the weight isn’t included with the other dimensions listed, but I have a real hard time believing it’s nearly $40 to ship to US). +Also, why is an xt-60 plug being used for power on something rated at 80a continuous per motor?

Maybe I’ll wait for Unity 2.1…

4 Likes

I was disappointed to see the XT-60… are the 3.5 bullet connectors confirmed? I didn’t see that on the product page, but that would also be a bummer.

1 Like

Most Likely as this is more so for the Raptor 2

It wasn’t a hint at all. It was categorically stated that this would be cheaper to produce and so cheaper to buy than 2 focboxes on one of enertions videos and yet with everything included, shipping etc at the pre-sales price it is actually more expensive and it definitely does not cost 60 aud to ship from china. Shipping has always been an issue with enertion and you’d think by now there would have been some improvement but alas…

5 Likes

We call it an issue, they call it free money.

8 Likes

Regardless of price or shipping suspicions, I would not place a pre-order until the source code is released. It’s important that the DIY community digs in to look at the details of this thing.

9 Likes

Yup :pensive:

@Deodand Does this mean that I can use my DieBie MS BMS (if you are familiar with it) power switch features and ignore the switch on the Unity? I do not need two power switches :slight_smile:

Yes, your two options would be to either set the unity switch to always on, or you could bypass your bms switch fairly easily and let the diebiebms control the unity switch in event of battery health issue. We will provide some info closer to release on how the wiring works for this.

5 Likes

Perfect :clap:t3: It is needed to have the option not to use it. There are a lot of different designs and components out in the wild :blush:

Not a silly question! It’s like buying a motherboard with more RAM slots even though you don’t have the money at the moment to use all of them. Yes it’s definitely fine to use just 1 motor. Just make sure you properly secure and cover the other motor winding bullet connectors you aren’t using with some tape.

1 Like

This. Still waiting for their other product that this is based upon. You cannot legally resell these if they don’t provide you all the source code, so you are able to provide it if asked

4 Likes