Focbox Wont connect to pc (windows 10) ive tried what feels like everything

Use a different USB cable that is not from a cell-phone box

1 Like

I it has to be a usb cable capable of transmitting data and not a charge. That is why the charger cable for a nano-x won’t work but a ps4 controller cable will work.

I also had this issue and tried 5 cables. I went to Target and picked up a cell phone data cable and that was the fix for me.

1 Like

I’ve tried 2 PS4 cables but I’ll try to get a new one

Check the USB port of the focbox to make sure it’s clean - no fluff If you get the connect sound and not recognised msg it’s unlikely to be the cable/drivers

I got a new cable and it still didn’t work, I’ll look at the Port next.

your focbox does have a energy source right?

I had problems connecting to my focbox too, seems my usb wire cant connect properly due to focbox case. I had to hold the wire and push it in for it to work.

It happens due to incorrect COM drives or non signature drivers Windows 10 requires signature drivers to operate.

Also it happens when wrong USB port is used Required one for Windows 10 is 2.0 or higher

If the issue is not resolved yet, I will happily assist customer over team viewer. :slight_smile:

It is still an issue @CarlCollins I’m leaning towards drivers. Could you let me know which ones work for Windows 10 specifically?

@ProgressionOfFun Try following this

Step 1: Right click on start menu and select device manager Step 2: Go to Ports (COM & LPT) Step 3: Delete all COM Drivers by right clicking on each one and selecting uninstall Step 4: Restart Your System and Open Device Manager again to see Which COM ports appears (because some of the systems has multiple attachments attached that’s why multiple COM ports might appear) Step 5: Download this driver package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MS1AHeaHXwG0DQmIWHlHhhbm4MExJdw9/view?usp=sharing Step 6: Extract it and Run “VCP_V1.4.0_Setup.exe” (Make sure you run it as Administrator) Step 7: After Installation, Connect your FOCBOX to the system Step 8: Check Device manager if STmicroelectronics appear with COM PORT Number Under Ports (COM & LPT) note that number in your mind Step 9: Run BLDC/VESC tool and select that COM port from the drop down which you’ve noted in your mind.

That’s it! I hope this helps

If you still face any difficulties, please let me know, Love to assist you over Team viewer

My laptops device manager won’t show any “ports”. I’ll take pictures and post when I get home.

@ProgressionOfFun Then Skip to the Step 5 and do the rest

Update:

Issue is not due to drivers, checked over team viewer. Tried multiple systems with multiple cables. It must be issue with the Port on FOCBOX or with the hardware of FOCBOX.

Pictures of PCB.

Battery specs tested at: 12s 8AH 30-40c LiPo 20000uf Capacitor Pack