Foldable Aluminum Electric Longboard with Aluminum Deck and housing, accept preorder now

4 Likes

finally i can post again. seems my id have strict limits in the forum. so i cherish my right to put more photos here. thanks you all, give me good ideas and professional guide. i am also a crazy fan of eboard, especially in design and creating new board with aluminum. hope my photos can somehow inspire us to move forward.

6 Likes

if anyone wanna to see more photos please take a look of our website: http://www.diyeboard.com/

we will keep updating our progress and new items. http://www.diyeboard.com/upcoming-products-c-543.html

also I have some new ideas and creation prototypes ongoing, like to share and learn from you pros for better improvements can be make.

6 Likes
3 Likes

9 Likes

Awesome design! More photos please.

1 Like

tried and discussed amny times of making the flex in the middle by modifing the mechanics in the middle, not possible. pros, do you have any good ideas can inspire the flex issue, stiff board is bad for riding as I think.

1 Like

Go thinner and put a concave or ‘W’ in the profile

yes, that’s always what I want to do, see photo I designed is with concave, but in reality cnc can’t do much in cancaving, and also aluminum materials selection, not much option on market, and if thinner also make the board not much solid if too much pressure on it.

3 Likes

anyone like the enclosure design?

3 Likes

Depending on the thickness of the aluminium, you could put a couple of slight bends along the profile of the deck where I have indicated with red lines, (for example 25 degree bends) in the deck to simulate the concave profile and increase strength. I have done it with 3mm aluminium on my deck and it has worked well.

The longitudinal profile would look like this:

2 Likes

Surely a bender could do this in a controlled way after milling? If stress cracks were an issue then annealing before bending and post bending harden would involve a high temp with a water quench followed by a lower temp, I am not conversant with the process but I think it is possible

2 Likes

for aluminum deck, is concave necessary, increasing cost and thickness of cnc material. anyhow i will try to cnc a part added as a tail. cnc plate is flat actually.

2 Likes

agree, just thinking about the aluminum deck will be accepted by users, weight, riding feel, and cost, paradox os solid and cost

what’s the weight and how much is the cost, i like the iron deck.

https://www.beercanboards.com/product/38-root-beer-deluxe-longboard-green/

1 Like

thanks for sharing the link, i will study it and it proves the market.

The bends could be added after cnc cuts are made and can be added easily with a sheet metal brake.

The parallel bends add rigidity to thin sheet metal.

1 Like

Really cool stuff you’re doing. Where does the stuff on your website ship from ? If i ordered from US how long does it typically take to get to me ?

thank you, i would like to try this way.

1 Like