For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

Jumping on this, I’d love to see a diy kit for the remote so I can design my own body for it.

do you mean like adding your logo to it or like a completely different design?

Different design. I’d like to make my own trigger version of this remote instead of the thumbwheel. I’m not great at programming on my own but I can follow instructions and solder pretty well. I also happen to be working on a small housing to hold both a receiver and a Bluetooth module. I should be able to modify it for this.

2 Likes

I am all set to go for batch 2! I have been wanting one of these and have actually been attempting to assemble one, but due to my amateur DiY skills atm, I ordered this to ensure that my dual foc setup will have a working Firefly. Red bottom/top w/black trigger and thumb wheel :heart_eyes:

My own Firefly would need the 1A charger, and the case I got for it has bits falling off; I’ve already superglued multiple points. Still, I’m going to follow your vids to finish it! I actually need a receiver plus my a divider (used to hold up the nano board) as my own had a whole corner fall off. I’ve actually been considering using hot glue to replace the corner & hold up the 4th edge of my nano board…would it be possible to order these parts from you as well, along with my own order?

What is the protrusion option?

It’s a part of the thumb wheel that purposefully sticks out; instead of a smooth wheel, you have a protrusion on the wheel to more easily catch your thumb onto.

1 Like

Awesome! So this is like a super reliable remote (more so than the Photon in guessing…) with a LCD? Sounds like I found my remote!

1 Like

@SeeTheBridges You better donate some ice cold beers to @solidgeek for his immense contributions in the development of this :wink:

3 Likes

So for bottom shell and top shell, which is which? I want the side that has the display to be white, and the opposite side that’s pretty much blank to be black. Can anyone please help me with which is which?

Top will be white, bottom will be black. The Top is the side with the display.

1 Like

Man this is so exciting! I keep coming back to look at my remote in the picture :heart:

1 Like

So about how long for batch 2 does it look like? Man this looks much more professionally made than the others…

3 Likes

Yeah, I am excited to on use this to connect to a dual focbox setup…I think it will connect, does anyone know if that is the case?

@uigiroux @SeeTheBridges mentioned that the first batch will be 2 weeks, 2nd depends on completion of the first batch. Parts also take 3 weeks to arrive. I would expect at least 1 month or more until he can start on the 2nd batch, but that is just a guess.

Right on. I wonder if we can order extra receivers if needed… Ordered mine, can’t wait!

1 Like

It looks as professionally made as @solidgeek’s “original” and almost every next copy. I’ve seen better ones print quality wise.

2 Likes

Will we be able to change any of the settings like on the Photon remote or is this mostly just showing us the info? Either way I’m super excited. The remote was pretty much the only thing I hadn’t chosen and this looks fantastic! How much would an extra receiver be if we want 2?

I don’t think there should be any problem. I’m connecting mine to a dual focbox setup too so I guess we’ll find out together lol

I’m assuming we can manage it with a setting change, and connecting correctly. May also depend if you’re using split ppm or canbus. I’ll be going through the original thread to confirm

My current build has a bluetooth module installed on the slave and is set to send status to the master

All settings and functions are the same as SolidGeeks and are dependent on whatever Sold and Death put out. For more info on features, please refer to the original firefly thread and GitHub

Unlike the other copies , SeetheBridges gives an option to update the Arduino via the USB port which is a big plus and why I’m getting a second one.

1 Like

For sure; I tried to go through the og thread but there is little to go off of I think in regards to receivers. Since these are FOCboxes, changing the settings sounds plausible.

I haven’t figured out which Focbox connection method to use yet, but I am leaning to the split ppm due to the redundancy it offers. Mind if I pm you or setup a Focbox thread so we can go over the details and reference them later?