FREE - Enertion Simple Motor Mount | OPEN SOURCE

Do you have a CNC machine??

Do you guys think a machine shop will charge more than this mount is worth. I wanted to get 4 of them made.

No, its a friend of mine that does.

i bet a machine shop will charge way more than the cost of buying them already made from enertion. unless you have a friend with the tools or know how to do it yourself at techshop it doesn’t seem worth it.

1 Like

Just have them make it out of aluminum but better yet steel…

Gotta get it priced out…better if you get your friends to get in on it.

And yes they need the files

The alternative is

2 Likes

Yes. 4 will probably cost $200 to $300… Unless the are doing makes rates.

Thanks for the info @onloop. I’m just going to buy some from you then. Just waiting to see if my spare raptor battery, charger, ect… is coming anytime soon before I order anything else from you guys. For some reason your shipping guys have a $500 order of mine from a month ago screwed up and keep giving me a tracking number for my raptor complete that’s already been delivered. There’s something about having that much money floating around that is kinda discerning to me. i have another $700 order in the shopping cart ready to go once I get my previous order figured out.

Pretty sure they shipped today. Or at least the label has been created - we will be updating orders today. Very sorry for the holdup. Our US Warehouse just moved and everything got delayed becasue of it.

1 Like

No worries @onloop. I know things happen sometimes. I’m a loyal customer and will continue to be. Just want to make sure I get all my purchases prior to spending and more $$$. I need more range because once I start boarding I don’t want to stop. My fiance thinks I’m crazy and going through a mid life crisis (at age 34)! I’m addicted to e-boarding now and I’ve only had my first (Raptor) for 3 weeks!!! I could’ve bought an old Honda or something. lol. I think this is better. I’m going to be one of the first 10 to buy the Raptor 2 also. You’ll see my name on the preorder list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A huge thanks to @onloop! Solid mount indeed.

7 Likes

@TheImmortalJew, could you answer a few questions?

1. you fixated those ‘c’ and ‘k’ clamps after having them made? Or have you done them like this directly in the CNC?
  2. Whats the space between clamp-c and clamp-k?
  3. This piece are for trucks Caliber II Fifty 10 in/50 degree 184mm?

It was cut out on a waterjet and the machinist just let it as one piece so it would be easier to drill and tap the clamp holes straight. I cut the two pieces apart with a hacksaw once the holes were drilled. There was maybe an 1/8" gap when it was one piece.

I test fitted it on 10"/44 degree Caliber I trucks (rock solid btw), but as far as I know it should work on all Caliber I and II trucks.

1 Like

TheImmortalJew, thank you for the information!

Inside the download there are only SolidWorks files (formats SLDASM, SLDDRW, SLDPRT). I sent this file to a local small machining business, however they were unable to open it. Could anyone please share the drawing PDF’s?

You can open them in Fusion 360 and export as an stl or step file. Just download the 30 day trial.

1 Like

The guy that cut mine said he had to convert the solidworks file into DXF files which is the format he needs to work with.

1 Like

@krueger PM me your email address and I will send the files as dxf or whatever format you need them.

1 Like

Please be kind and pass me the DXF files for enerton motor mount. thanks my e mail is [email protected]

Go to this link

Make an OnShape account and click “Make a Copy”

Then search up how to export DXF files from Onshape. I’ve never done it before but it is possible in OnShape.

2 Likes

Will this work on caliber trucks?