Fried Hall Sensor

Just fried my hall sensor so it looks like I’m going sensorless for a bit. It’s a 6355 motor and I want to eventually replace the sensor. Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement and a quick how to for replacing it?

What brand of motor?

Its the Janux Flux Drive 6355 motor. Not sure the actual brand name.

You can just replace the pcb

2 Likes

Out of stock unfortunately. Does anyone have another source?

Could not for the life of me remember where I’d seen pcb kits and there it is. Beat me too it.

1 Like

@marcmt88 sells those motors so he might be able to source a replacement pcb for the exact motor.

1 Like

http://e0designs.com/products/hall-effect-sensor-board/

2 Likes

Saw those but they’re external fitting.

Oh, yeah I never realised that. Cheers

1 Like

I might actually have an old sensor that I can remove from a TB 6374 motor. I should be able to epoxy that right on in the same orientation as the last one and it should work… I hope…

1 Like

Maybe you can just change the hall sensors? Should be possible to solder on new ones. Never tried myself, so just an idea

Doesn’t have to be the same orientation. I don’t think it even has to be the same angles, spaced at 120 degrees. The ESC motor detection will sort that out. Unless you have an ESC without that. All the VESC flavors have that.

1 Like

This :point_up_2: Doesn’t matter. Good luck getting it out though. They really stick them in there!

1 Like

I’ve been letting the old sensor on the bottom of the stator sit in acetone overnight. Hopefully that will dissolve the expoxy enough without damaging the board.

1 Like