Fried my ESC, need help upgrading

You can use any BMS, as thats where evolves ‘electronic coupling’ starts.

All BMSs require the pos and neg from the battery, as well as the balance wires. You can order a BESTECH bms from @JLabs (remember to choose the correct one (there is one for 12s and one for 10s) ) which wont have any UART port.

Once you connect the power from the BMS to the ESC, granted everything evolve is removed, you can use any BMS, ESC or remote youd like… as long as they work with the hardware you choose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had similar happen, my wire fell of. Under load it got hot the solder melted. Luckily for me I just soldered it back on and all was good

1 Like

Going to do the same battery config But put a fan on the motor controller to keep it cool, at the moment I run 200kv motors which is why I melted the solder connection. I was doing a pretty gnarly single track hill climb. Stupid me. Was thinking about upgrading the fets on the Mc

Wow, if only i had read this before… Same thing happend to me. The yellow wire unsoldered itself and then my board would not turn on but the esc would get hot on one particular point when the power switch was turned on (no blue light came on though). The lesson is to resolder all the joints with proper solder and flux.

1 Like

Did you get sorted out in the end @Skatejitsu?

I ended up gutting it and putting in a unity, new BMS, etc.