Full face helmets and awareness

haha. come on. we’re all adults here. should we just take safety warnings at their word or can we take on further understanding. are you saying we should throw away all our helmets after 3 years?

It’s likely easier for you than me, I’d like the opportunity to test one out but I’m not sure anywhere in the UK has them on a shelf. Could anyone perhaps point me to somewhere that does?

1 Like

“if i have a crash and see no signs of compression its totally good according to this logic”

If you have a crash, and your head hits the ground inside the helmet, the force is going somewhere.

Ideally into the helmet. That shows in the form of foam being compressed, the shell being cracked etc.

After it’s used it needs to be discarded/replaced. Not reglued.

You’re right. This isn’t magic. It’s really simple. When you compromise the integrity of the helmet, yay! It did its job. Discard helmet. Buy new helmet.

and how do you know when the helmet has taken a big enough hit to discard? if its not cracked or compressed it’s still good in my mind and you seem to be maybe saying the same

@moderators

“compromising the integrity” of the helmet would be compressing it or cracking it. now get the moderators in here STAT!

I disagree and the only part that matters is the part you cut from the quote which I added again below

Parks says. “For the most part, a helmet that’s crushed a little bit is probably going to work fine in the next accident, but it’s dangerous for anyone to make that statement," (since when are statements dangerous anyway) MODERATORS!!! STAT…but then again i think its worth knowing and not dangerous info at all. maybe save people thousands of dollars in expensive full face helmets they throw out needlessly

https://www.bellhelmets.com/product-faq

Q: What Do I Do If My Helmet Becomes Damaged?

A: Helmets don’t last forever. If the helmet is visibly damaged (cracked outer shell, crushed or cracked foam liner or any other damage) don’t use it. Some or all of the helmet’s protective capacity is used up when impacted, and the damage to a helmet is not always visible. If you have any questions about your helmet call 800-456-2355 or e-mail us at [email protected].

Sweet, thank you

1 Like

Sorry guys and just unleashing. Deskor peace and u always helped me.

Need to step away the machine.

3 Likes

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion. Not everyone is going to agree on everything and when that happens, we need to be polite and respectful of each other.

2 Likes

Hello. I am using the Daemon Podium full face helmet. It was made for BMX/downhill. It has been very comfortable to wear. What are the downsides to this style of helmet - or asked another way - what makes the TSG better?

edit - wanted to post a photo of the podium, but not sure how to pose photos here.

Mtb helmets are actually pretty good,they have a wide FOV. The only downside I see vs a pass is most DH mtb helmets don’t have visors(face shields). Otherwise they are lightweight, and provide great ventilation and FOV just like a DH LB helmet

1 Like

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I usually wear sunglasses with the helmet - they at least keeps bugs and pebbles out of my eyes.

1 Like

Demon Podium

4 Likes

I am with Deckoz on this one. However in the immortal words of LHB

TSG PASS because:

Who doesn’t want to look like a freekin’ spaceman?

9 Likes

My personal taste and not pissing on anybody’s chips is, the TSG pass is a bit to inclosed and probably more about form than function, ive said it before but i much prefer the Met Parachute or Fox Proframe with shades but, im more mud and grass than i am asphalt and concrete.

1 Like

the TSG pass is one of the most cleanest helmets you can buy, design wise it’s pretty small and slim compared to bulky snowboarding/motorcycle/mtb helmets.

if you’re gonna be going fast on a board, consider investing in a helmet designed for that particular thing.

the pass has 0 % hinderance on your vision, the way it’s designed is quite perfect. when you have it on you literally cannot see the helmet at all, it almost looks as if you aren’t wearing one at all.

worst part of their helmets is the D loop. which can be fixed by buying an “echo quick release buckle” from amazon, makes it much easier to clip on and off in a pinch.

and the helmets do run a bit small, so i would probably go through amazon and just make sure you have that hassle free return if it is indeed too small…

i’m usually a L in helmets, but in TSG a XL is a somewhat snug fit.

Mmmmm cyan