Funny / weird accidents while on Esk8!? Share your story!

Once I found myself suddenly running backwards at high speed!

There is a speed bump that I pass regularly, I go around it and there is an area just big enough for a skateboard on the side. One day I carved around it too hard and my rear outside wheel caught the edge of the road. There is a hard edge with a 2 inch drop on the side. It spun the board 180 deg and I was suddenly running backwards trying not to fall.

I did fall backwards, I was wearing a backpack that helped and it felt like I hit the back of my head but there was no marks on my helmet. The muscles from my neck down to my hips were really saw for a week. Pretty lucky actually.

I was drunk. I was bored. I was butt boarding back and forth in my kitchen at 3am pushing with my hands. Phone fell out of my pocket. I rolled over it. First esk8 accident with an object that wasn’t an animal, and it wasn’t even powered on. $900 drunken mistake (5 year old phone that alret had 4 screen replacement, time for new)

The end.

5 Likes

Riding at an evolve BMX event in San Diego. Forgot to tighten my to tighten my trucks and did a race. Immediately went flying on the first turn/hump. The people watching said it looked like I was completely upside down in the air.

1 Like

the shame will take more than 3 days to heal lol

Several months ago, one day, in the morning, when I got to work I received a customer, we start talking about some car parts he wanted to buy. Somehow I smelled a funny odor emanating from him but could say anything due respect, besides I didn’t knew him at all but felt his need to leave, I understood he had some sort of flatulence.

Later, when he left the odor kept being in the air, I went to my office and the odor was still there, f… this sh…! It was all over the work shop, I went to the reception and it was also there, it seemed like the whole neighborhood was pestilent.

So I went to charge my Raptor 2 and saw this horrible scene, I don’t even want to remember, freaking grose, the whole undertray of the deck was covered in DOG SHIT :poop:, seems like the freaking dog ate beans or 3 tacos the day before, it was all over!, the wheel wells, the inside of the hex bolts holes, the gasket between enclosure and deck, the trucks and wheel bolts OMG! IT WAS A NIGHTMARE EVEN WORST AGGHHH YUKKKK :face_vomiting:

Sorry but I must go on, this wasn’t the worst part, I had to clean the whole board and I couldn’t even breath, people from the office looked at me with disgusting faces, disgusting feaces, would be more precise. So, I started to clean everything with my brand new toothbrush, a full box of Q-Tips, cotton balls and 1 liter of alcohol, the trash can was unusable and unwatchable, threw everything away out of the office.

Nevertheless, the odor was still there even later after the board looked pristine. When I went to wash my hands on the bathroom I realized the worst part of the day, my whole jacket, pants and sleeves were covered in dog shit, I wanted to die, had to go back home for a full hot shower and threw the pants away.

Shit was following me forever this thing is like sifilis, it won’t let you go. I realize that when I came home again at night, when I held my remote control to ride the Raptor back, SHIT ON THE THROTTLE.

:poop: :poop: :poop:

PS: customer never came back…

9 Likes

Haha! I think you take the cake my friend.

3 Likes

Wait so a dog just walked into your work and pooped all over your board?

lol!, No. Some random dog made some big pooding on the road on my way to work and I happened to rode all over it splashing everything all over without me noticing until later in the day :poop: :poop: :poop:

Kind reminder - dont give kids sensitive remote and dont put plastic enclosure on top of your board, if someone wishes to smash it under a car…

IMG_20180804_212717

1 Like

Kind reminder - dont give kids remote at all.

There, I fixed it for you :slight_smile:

Back when my remotes were XBee I trusted the distance and could put kids on the boards and putter quite a distance from me while I kept the remote. But now that I’m using the Nano remotes (an issue of time more than anything else) I don’t trust them to do the right thing at range so I don’t put kids on boards at all any more.

1 Like

Yep, thats a fair warning… i didnt really trust this kiddo but for some reason my girlfriend had a sympathy for him (was a visitor to our place, her mothers friends kid)…

Anyways, it all happened when he drove into the bush the first time, switched direction on remote and then blasted at almoat full speed (no rider on board) into a car which was 20meters apart.

The board went brutally under the car, tearing off the plastic box and disconnecting some wires…

2 Likes