| Fury road |Spare parts quick build. Focbox unity| jacob hubs | vanguard clone| 10s5p | mini remote| flywheel clone

Check out esk.news for this build and many others. Screenshot_2019-05-26-00-19-08~2

8 Likes

Heresy. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Is the Vanguard clone any good? Where’d ya get it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Test ride went . well. Ran the motors at 50a not sure what there rated for. A lot slower than im used to. But its chill enough for a corner store cruise.

Those motors will take way more amps than the urethane will handle. I don’t know if those motors have some upgraded urethane, or if it even matters, but I have the exact same ones and on the second ride, when they got good and warm, the urethane started slipping and it was pretty much over for them at that point. There was a guy on here @ralphy that made some custom 100mm tires that for sure did do not slip.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/797?u=mobutusan

1 Like

@Mobutusan Ive seen that thread looks like dude that was making them fell off though. Do you know where I can find some lf these. Even if its just the retaining ring i can diy some clone wheels with. A hole saw :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see that he’s been here for a while. I’m not sure where else you could get these, but I could take some dimensions of the ones I have and maybe you can talk @danile into using his free water jet cutter?

A quicker and easier solution that may hold up, is to 3D print the little nubs that fit between the inner and outer plate screw holes to fill in the gap between the tire nubs, if that makes sense. I was running those for a little while, just taped to the hubs and it seemed to be holding up before I move to the bigger tires oh, so it might be worth a try. I may even have some extra ones somewhere, so if you’re thane starts slipping, I’ll see if I can find them. It’s unfortunate, because these Hub seemed like they were pretty strong, but the urethane slipping was a major bummer.

20190525_151705

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/yeeplay-meepo-koston-deck-swap-abec-11-107mm-wheels/63837

The much maligned Kevin Dark used a drill press to bore out some abecs for hubs. Clever little trick. I have a set of jacobs and ran them on 12s and 80 motor amps for a bit. No drama at all. Powerful little hubs but the thane is a bit on the thin side. Watch the little grub screw on the hanger. Tends to back out and then spin your phase wires to oblivion. Bit of 680 on there and its all good. I’m actually looking for another set right now for a 4wd project I have had on the bench forever. Nice back to basics build that btw love it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help. I see what your talking about.

1 Like

Thanks @dareno. Im glad you linked this thread i huntee for iit after we spoke about it . when was that a week or so ago. Im going to push them to 75a and see wgat happends ill repory back :joy:

1 Like

They can take it. Just keep your eye on the heat on hill climbs. I would also spin them up and lightly sand down the edges to create a small bevel. Help with the chunking. Saying that though the thane does seem to be good quality and mine didn’t chunk at all before I did the mod its just really thin so does make the board a bit of a bone shaker.

Completely forgot we already spoke on this. Getting old mate. lol

1 Like

I feel you. All my old skatepark injuiries are starting to hurt more and more as time goes on. I fell on my AT build 3 months ago and mt shoulder still hurts from time to time :joy::joy::call_me_hand:

2 Likes