Gauging Interest: Standard Axle 6" Pneumatic wheel with pulley or directdrive option

How much interest is enough to get this going @mishrasubhransu?

Not really sure where the line is where casting+cnc outweighs the cost of pure cnc. I am not dealing with the cost or the manufacturing aspect. Just the design. Oh BTW, Kenna has already sent the designs to get a set of cnc prototypes.

I just want cheaper standard axle pneumatic wheels(even better when they are DD ready) to be available on the market and doing my bit to facilitate that. This poll also serves other vendors/manufacturer who were looking to do something like this.

I am going to give this a couple more days for more people to see this and vote if they are interested.

2 Likes

Maybe only make a “cutout” for the valve?

Edit: Thinking some more about it, this good be a good design wrt keeping the wheels in balance. The valve typically makes the wheel unbalanced. The cutout in the hub could compensate for that.

2 Likes

i want to know how much you will accept?

These would work with TBs DDs I’m down with a set, and futureproofing for 4WD

EDIT: Pending price point, of course :smiley:

Me personally would buy 1 set. But I think that there would be great interest in those that have 75kv DD, specially if we are able to fit a smaller tyre, like Bergmeister, to preserve torque in 2wd.

How good is the fitment going to be for metal on metal? Typically the kegel cores are plastic which has some amount of flex to accommodate imperfect pulley pins. Would it be better to oversize the holes slightly and add heatshrink or something to the pins?

That’s yet to be seen. My 3D printed holes were .8mm bigger in diameter and for the CNC I made it .4mm bigger

1 Like

take a look you will see the new motor. it is for 75kv with the wheels %E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20190523113007

5 Likes
  • emphasized text

**_haha, about the 75kv that we will offer it in end of the month. for now it is ready to shipping

I am confused. The 75KV is ready to ship now?

Also @kenna, in the pic that you posted before. It’s 75KV right? It looks smaller than the 58KV one that I have. Is it smaller or am I not able to guess the size in the photo.

i am pretty sure to tell you that it is ready for selling

2 Likes

for the appearance that it is as same as 58kv , jsut change some detail from the insid. have a good day .dear

could you please let me know confused for what , is the motor or the wheels , haha.

I have the same motors!! WHERE DO I GET THOSE WHEELS?

I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same, but you can find the airless tires and wheels at esk8supply.shop.

Alternately, if you have a slightly bigger budget you can go with the Janux wheels which give you to ability to go full pneumatic with the eLofty DD motors.