Gear drive spur gears

Been involved in oval track racing since 1984, was an auto technician 18yrs. I don’t know about the skate terms but direct drive as far as my wheelhouse and all the people in that time has always been anything with a 1:1 ratio.

6 Likes

I’m in Moe’s boat. Regardless of drivetrain type.

5 Likes

Why mod2. Steel square cut gears will take 5200w all day all week at mod.8, it may open some options for you.

I eat snowflakes

1 Like

9b5

6 Likes

I do completely agree with all of you that the term “direct drive” is wrong to use when talking about a gear drive like this, but mainly did it because it would create more interest, as it seems like more people refer to a drive like jenso`s when hearing the words “Direct drive”. Which is basically what I am creating.

And it clearly created more interest in the thread aswell…:yum:

No reason really, only that I will be experimenting with printed gears, and mod2 seems like what everybody uses

Note: Updated the title of the thread

I approve of trolling for attention…good job…just don’t do it for nonconstructive purposes, that’s just annoying… lol…well done!

Because ‘yeah Fucking legend’

1 Like

heaps of spur gears here:

1 Like

Thanks dude, will take a look :grin:

1 Like

I know you have experience with this. Basically I want to make my own cheap geared drive. do you think these components can fit regular skate parts?

Since they have 5 mounting screws, they’d work with the kegel core wheels. I’m wondering if it’s worth a shot or should I expect the red thing to not fit a bearing inside it and just ditch the red part?

Basic answer no.

You don’t want regular plastic for this anyway (POM or nylon would be ok). The width of the gears would also determine how much force it can take/how quickly it wears down.

well it sayas pom in the description from these bangoog gears… but not much more else information:/ cant even find size/module…

do you have the spur gear design? i had spur gears made at AmTech.

Try searching on Aliexpress for gears. Ones used in powertools. They are spur or helical cut. If you look for marble machine gears you could get ratios that is beetween 1:2 to 1:3
Circular saw gives bigger ratios. Interestingly you get better hits off “powertool gears” than if you look for “helical gears”.