Gear up people šŸ˜”

My buddy took a hard spill at 35+mph on his EUC, this past weekendā€¦ yes we were being little dumb trying to race, But Iā€™m glad he was able to walk away with no serious injuriesā€¦

23 Likes

Overspeed cutout or user error?

Yes, over speed cutout ā€¦

Did that once on my old Gotway msuper v2 at 22mph and still hurt so much. Canā€™t imagine bailing at 35mph plus. Iā€™ve got an msuper X now (I think thatā€™s what he was on in this video too) and Iā€™m always geared up now. Be safe :+1:

1 Like

What is overspeed cutout?

1 Like

Great thing to be wearing a helmet and gear atleast u live to skate another day

With EUC, when the control board pulls over 80 percent of the available voltage of the battery, it emits a warning beep. If you continue to speed up after that, when it hits 100 percent voltage usage, the board shuts down to protect itself and other electrical components

5 Likes

Gotta protect that wheel. Fuck the rider.

9 Likes

I think a soft cutoff would be nice.

Glad heā€™s okay.

1 Like

There has been a lot of talk in the EUC community about a better way to set up the warnings and alarms. Some wheels have a thing called ā€œtilt backā€ where it gently leans you back to say ā€œhey slow downā€ but the issue is, it can throw you off when you donā€™t expect it so thatā€™s why most choose the audible alarm

1 Like

The onewheel chose the tilt back thing. The community hates it and wishes it was a beeper.

2 Likes

You forgot to mention the one death trap on the road that took out 2 boards.

received_891989937653951 received_1452171888247702 FB_IMG_1552961194765

18 Likes

Yeah it definitely isnā€™t the best option. When you arenā€™t expecting it it certainly doesnā€™t feel nice.

Riding euc or onewheel is all about balance. Why would anyone choose a tilt as a warning :joy:

2 Likes

Lol that is some pretty poor truck design. Thereā€™s a hole right through the most structural component! Sheesh.

Also, regarding these tilt to control drives. It really is a limitation of brushless motors. They can only prevent you from falling forward to a certain extent. Once they reach their speed maximum thatā€™s it, thereā€™s no more throttle to give.

1 Like

It was ā€˜Black Weekendā€™ here in San Fran. A lot of high speed hard falls and some totaled electric vehicles spilling their guts all over the streets. The EUC even reached 40 mph at the moment of impactā€¦ thats 64 kilometers an hour!! Amazing how our rider came out uninjured from the plunge. He was wearing full vest protection from head to toes.

euc

Donā€™t be a crash test dummy, wear safety gear, stay safe, buddy.

@ 0:35, just listen to the wails of pain at the end.

8 Likes

Itā€™s amazing that thing could go 40mph. I fell off my skateboard at 25.mph a few times and I got hurt pretty bad. The 3 months ago I fell and broke my collarbone and I get nervous when I reach speed over 22mph now. I always wear helmet.

I canā€™t imagine going 40mph and crashing.

1 Like

That EUC reached 51 mph before the dive!

Donā€™t forget leg protection

ā€¦says the guy with one kneecap :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

That doesnā€™t look 40mph to me.