Gear up people 😔

Are you saying you’re a better judge of speed than the gps he had on him? Lol

2 Likes

Yes.

small signal cutouts can give wrong top-speed readings.

1 Like

Lol, how fast were they going then? How many lanes was the road 2 maybe 3? Idk. I doubt that road would be any less than 30mph and these guys were keeping up with cars and overtaking rather quickly. I’d say the gps is right, well at least more than what you can tell through a video

2 Likes

Look man you don’t even know from when to when that top speed record was taken.

and I never said It was any less than 30mph I just said It didn’t look like 40 to me.

What deck and what trucks?

1 Like

One looks like a hummie, with enertion trucks and the baseplate snapped in half

Can’t twll what deck snapped in half, but they look like they had TB218s

Tell us more.

This was the same ride and that edge took out that board?

I even wear a knee pad on my prosthetic.

5 Likes

Carnage weekend in San Fran :cry:

FB_IMG_1553033088655

FB_IMG_1553033099786

FB_IMG_1553033107718

FB_IMG_1553033114779

FB_IMG_1553033120950

FB_IMG_1553033128407

FB_IMG_1553033151514

…EUCs, Eboards, Hub Drives, Belt Drives, Quad Drives, you name it, all sorts of e-vehicles totaled or partially damaged on our streets last weekend.

6 Likes

if anyone else uses size s, there a good price on knee pads just now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WLKNZJD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

3 Likes

wtf lol what motor mount was that?

1 Like

I dont mean to be rude to whoever designed the mount but it just doesnt look that strong. How can you possibly have a strong mount when the point where it meets the trucks is X cut… :thinking:

@marcmt88 , that was the second mount that snap on me :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: :pensive::pensive::pensive:

3 Likes

Do they have crossbars? Im not sure what do with the plates. Selling 50 of something that hasn’t been tested doesn’t rest well with me. I might make 15 sets or so and see what people say.

2 Likes

Evolve GT are not precision machined trucks, I am positive that the mounting face is not true. Over-torqueing the mounting bolts might result in deforming or cracking the mount.

Please put a lock washer between truck mounting face and motor mount. :point_down:

Or just make mounts from thicker metal…

3 Likes

@marcmt88

You might not want to remove that material from the mount. Saving a few grams isn’t really a good idea here. Besides, it’s an extra operation. Just leave it solid.

FB_IMG_1553033114779

Look where that broke - right at the weakest part where all the material was machined away.

You need to add a crossbar or two to prevent to motor from torquing out that mount, esp with peeps that over-tighten their belts.

5 Likes

That design was intended for 10mm thick mount plates, not 6mm

3 Likes

lacroix mounts have that kind of design but they are thick

1 Like