General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Kinda wishing I could update my pledge now. Wonder if we will have the option to purchase the proposed Carvon Blue Abec 11 flywheels to ship with these?

11 Likes

Dude I saw your post about test riding v3 …any thoughts ?? come on …:slight_smile:

1 Like

Its an ultra plush ride, it kick pushes closer to a regular board than any eboard Ive tried. Its especially noticeable when u left off the throttle, it just rolls and rolls. The Top speed was really impressive too. Unfortunatley we statted late and didnt get any video or GPS runs. We are planning to meet again this weekend at the Raptor world tour.

2 Likes

Even compared to a v2?

It’s better. There’s no weight on the rotor. The motor is completely autonomous in that it only spins the wheels and doesn’t support them.

5 Likes

Same speed as a V2 as far as I could tell. I know the V2’ s could theoretically go 40+ mph but in reality they wont go much past 30 unless you run crazy amps that would overheat them in minutes. The 12S FOC was really something too.super silent, and start up torque was very good for 30 battery amps and 60 motor amps. As far as the ride comfort goes, its a big step up from the V2’s. The full thickness urathane makes a substantial difference.

5 Likes

Ahhh niceee can u pm me when ubgetba chance

I hit 34+ on my v2.5 all the time with a personal max of 37. And that’s a single drive.

4 Likes

Holly smokes!! How? I have single v2.5 and in FOC with 10s4p i am getting usually around 24mph with max record 27.5mph. I assume you have 12s and BLDC right?

I just want all of you people that have 2.5s and the few that have v3’s to know something… YOU SUCK!!!

Not really, I just really want a set of these but I cant find 2.5’s anywhere and I cant get a message back from Carvon on IG. Is there a date when the v3’s will be available?

3 Likes

Probably higher kv version of the 2.5’s

Thats right! Totally forgot about it. I have 85kv so his are probly 115kv or whatever it was .

1 Like

I think @evoheyax has like 145kv hubs, which are totally ridiculous :smile:

Hehe true but he has v2 which had the kv set really high.

Same I have the 149kv v2 and with a foc box I can alter the setting to give me enough torque to start from standstill 30mph is a breeze

This starts me thinking if i should maybe get the new v3 set higher at 115kv instead of lower 85kv.

I mean the biggest issue used to be heat for me the foc box took care of that. I think 115 is perfect for speed and torque

How much do you weigh? Very impressive speed. How many battery and motors amps were you running on the single to achieve that? There seems to be quite a few numbers being thrown around for the KV of the V3’s. I’m not sure what it is but what I remember last was hearing 100KV. That should be good for about 33mph. I can tell you that my seat of the pants speedometer says they were well over the 30mph mark during my test drive.

1 Like

I believe my old purple hummie hubs are 200kv and I’m running them 10s and i believe they’ll get past 35mph but I’ve only seen 30

haha, hummie told me about those.

Just throwing it out there, but I don’t think most understand the relationship between battery and motor amps. If you get those numbers correct, you’ll notice a performance and efficiency difference.

I have my carvon v2’s set to 120 motor amps and 12 amp battery amps on the back and 106 motor amps and 12 battery amps on the front. These numbers were calculated with 4wd and the resistance of each motor. As a result, I pull a max of about 560 watts per motor. But I have better acceleration and power than I did pulling 1000 watts before with incorrect settings.

Too bad I blew out the a v2 motor :frowning: Good news, the windings aren’t potted, and theres a lot of room to work around inside the v2’s (might put sensors some time soon), so I might rewind these to a lower kv at some point…

1 Like