German Esk8 Laws

I’ll get a lawyer and then go to Germany… hehe

1 Like

You just hope the consumers are responsible…

That would really suck if u needed all those crazy requirements just to have an eboard to cruise around on…getting to the park would be an expensive ride

I doubt that anyone will give you a hard time if u have an esk8 in Germany. First off, the entire country is a hotspot for engineering innovations, so people will probably encourage it. Second, esk8ts are generally not very loud, so you aren’t disturbing the public. Third, I had someone in my family translate that german law which supposedly limits everything with electric skateboards, and what was said isn’t entirely true. The real limitations are: 45 Km/hr (About 27 mph) Wheel Diameter of 400 mm

Man it would be totally awesome checking out historic cities and towns all over Europe on a electric board … I’d probably get fat from eating my way around from spot to spot…

Now I wonder…if you did get in trouble…would you be considered a motorist or a skateboarder?

Old laws from old generations. Just about a year ago, you could not use a Skateboard in Montreal Canada. Being caught riding one got you a 60$ violation. In Mai 2015 that all changed when the city adopted a new law letting skateboarders practice their sports in parks and on bike path.

What I’m saying is simply that laws are meant to be changed, else there would be no progress. Don’t let that stop you germany. Between all of us, better to ride an eSK8 then a petrol guzzler ;). It is cleaner and more fun.

5 Likes

I should of studied German

You’d probably be considered a skateboarder in Germany because insurance doesn’t exist yet for esk8ts :joy:

1 Like

My two cents: I live in Berlin, Germany. I see a lot of longboards and some on the streets but i have not seen one eskate yet. Waiting since a month for my raptor and as soon as its here Ill hop on and do videos. Lets see how it will be experienced. Hopefully I and other drivers will stay safe, since there is as you guys stated, no legal way of driving on public roads or sidewalks. Really looking forward to it. Lets hope we dont lose our drivers license and or get the board taken away from us… Its just too good to be taken away or miss out this new experience

1 Like

Good luck man…

If you play it respectful on the road you should be under the radar …

Hope if you get stopped the cops ask questions because they want one lol

Any one live near Cologne? any word on the new years rape gangs?

I doubt you translated the correct law. Please post a link - it is in fact just like I stated above. Even a bike needs a license plate when it supports you electrically above 25km/h.

Also these laws are not meant to reduce noise but to keep the people safe. Having had an accident myself already I can say that esk8s are extremely dangerous and will only be allowed with additional safety features in place.

1 Like

already fractured my left elbow :frowning: don’t think i am going to ride without protection any time soon :frowning: i may look like a dork but safe is safe. Hopefully the police won’t say anything about it. Have not had an encounter yet :smiley:

1 Like

Yep - after the accident I got a helmet and ride much more carefully. Every car and every crossing is a potential hazard. It is our job to not get hurt even when they do the actual mistake. We will be the ones suffering. A driver in a car has so much metal around them to keep them safe - we do not.

when i researched it a bit in the internet i found to articles of people getting into trouble with the police for riding an esk8, one of them was a university student from munich whoms board got impounded and who lost his drivers license. so as always if you met a dick of a police man you are fucked if he is a normal person he is probably only interessed

Driving without insurance will cost you 100€ and additionally something because of driving without a street admissible vehicle…

That is just wrong. According to § 6 of the corresponding law it is up to 180 daily rates or up to 1 year in prison.

Well, i just ran into this case…

What happened?

2 Likes

I just drove over the walkway with step speed…

Lol what did the policemen say? Cant believe people have such miserable lives. I tend to be real nice especially with those that are very mad/hateful whatever you want to call it. No “fake” kindness, real from my heart. They must be real sad already. I just had this situation today where this Ordnungsamt women which is something like a person to keep everything in order and give out nonsense tickets here in Berlin came up to my car and ticketed me for just standing in the second row. I did not block anyone and I ran to here as she wanted to start type it in here machine, told her politely that id move my car and she did not give a fuck, finished her ticket and printed it. I said well nevermind, have a nice day anyway and wanted to invite her to the coffeeshop I sat

1 Like