Go dual or buy a FullFace helmet? (i’ve already got a moto one)

It’s a nice deck! I got mine at the MuirSkate warehouse for $35 (used). Served me well. Lol, this is the first time I’ve ever seen another

Edit: I would tend to agree with @sk8l8r though

2 Likes

If I was in your shoes, I’d probably just ride the single motor around for a bit, see how you like it and then maybe switch to a dual. If you go 15mm pulleys/belt on a single 6374 the braking and acceleration will be plenty on flat terrain (unless you weigh over 250lbs).

1 Like

Motorcycle helmets are generally not recommended because the extra weight can cause damage to your neck when falling from a standing position on a board.

1 Like

MY belts skip all day :frowning: and when they don’t braking still sucks :confused: Put the whole king away and on hold for a new motor, will try align everything better.

Definitely not the same helmet type but it’s pretty cool. Maybe you could get this helmet and dual?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use the motorcycle helmet because once it hits the ground it has to be replaced. And a good motorcycle helmet is >$500. You can buy a lot of full-face MTB helmets for that kind of money.

Also they’re heavy and hot.

1 Like

Do you really believe that? Do you know the difference? Tsg is 930g. It’s plenty of MC helmets that weight just 1 kg Imho It is just marketing. A good helmet is what we need.

1 Like

Biggest difference is Field of view. Also bike helmets have sound deadaning and TSG pass allows outside sounds to be heard alot easier.

Also a sub 1kg motorcycle helmet will be very very expensive. The TSG is at a good price point for a full face and it’s features, but yes there are other options.

3 Likes

I agree. The tsg is a great helmet. I have seen carbon Fiber MC helmets for 100$ around 1 kg. In my opinion buying a helmet specific for esk8 is a good choice but not a must if you already own a good helmet. The most important is the quality and no crashes. If i beat mine i will toss it inmediately no matter how It looks. Once the fibres within are broken you have no protection.

2 Likes

very true… my helmet is actually really light (3.37lbs or 1528g) compared to most motorcycle helmets but its still kinda heavy to me.

That could definitely work

take both airbags out of your car and strap them to your back and chest. You’ll be fine. Much less expensive.

9 Likes

The FOV on my helmet is massive so i wouldnt need to worry about that but you’re right on the sound and weight… my helmet is 3.37lbs or 1528g and even thats supposed to be light for a MC helmet… the biggest problem is that motorcycle helmets are huge no matter what size you get, so its awkward to use it on anything other than a motorcycle. just wish the TSG wasn’t $260…

the premium version :joy: https://www.cykelpartner.dk/cykelhjelm-hovding-2-0-med-cover_HOV3XXX.html?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=merchant&utm_content=allevarer&product_id=HOV3XXX&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrtKgjo683AIV4bftCh0IQA96EAQYBSABEgIjW_D_BwE

I would go dual. As it was mentioned it is also a safety matter since traction and braking is considerable improved plus the fact that if you break a belt you will be able to get home.

The TSG Pass is a great looking helmet however my experience has not been the best so far.

Since you already have a motorcycle helmet go dual.
1 Like

uhhh, that’s not how most helmets work, most have foam that regenerate by themselves after a few hours.

eitherway, a helmet is a helmet, one fall isn’t bad enough to completely destroy a helmet and a customer like you is what most companies want someone who will buy a completely new helmet after a minor fall…

if the helmet is completely cracked and the foam is flattened completely then yeah it’s trash, but that’s not the kinda accidents esk8ers get into, that’s mostly motorcycles at 100mph+ territory.

Its really up to you but like you said yourself a motorcycle helm is heavier with less field of vision. TSG pass is specifically designed for downhill longboard. While both will protect you when you do fall, TSG or other longboard \ BMX helmet will be more comfortable and arguably safer because you can see more. I personally like the TSG because of the weight, vision and the visor. I go over 30 regularly, having something blocking the wind is very desirable. If you can find one, try it on, it will help you with making your decision

1 Like

you don’t need a Pass, it doesn’t provide appreciably more protection than a normal half shell. I’m saying this as an owner of a pass: I love my helmet, it’s super comfortable, and the visor keeps the wind out of my eyes but in terms of pure “not dying in a crash” safety, it doesn’t actually help that much. Use the MC one for now and wait for another Pass group buy because they happen every year.

3 Likes

lol im thinking about just going dual and getting a pass too now… i actually have some stuff lying around that i dont use anymore that i can sell so maybe i can get the money that way

also, what is a group buy?

1 Like

if it’s cool with you i tried to make the title more accurate as it might be misleading peeps that you don’t already have a helmet

1 Like