Goofy Regular Remote

I’ve been watching some electric skateboard videos recently and noticed that riders usually hold their remote with the hand opposite their lead foot - goofy holds remote with left hand, regular holds remote with right hand, but I ride goofy and hold the remote with my right hand. Does it make a difference? Are there any disadvantages to doing this? Anybody else ride like this?

I had an accident a few couple weeks back and had a hairline fracture on my left wrist. I know safety gears have the most impact when it comes to outcomes of accidents (yes, I was wearing a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads) but I just can’t help and wonder whether where I held the remote could also have had any effect on the outcome of the accident.

2 Likes

Just feels more natural in my opinion.

But it might, but i hold the remote in my stronger hand so it would only be a downside for me when it comes to a crash.

1 Like

I ride goofy and hold with right hand, as well

4 Likes

I’m goofy, hold the remote in my right hand, wear a watch in my right hand and fire a bow left handed but am right handed. So there.

3 Likes

I ride like you too. Goofy + right hand remote.

I think it comes from using an ultra sensitive trigger remote in my first build and not being able to be so accurate and tentative with my left hand… :confused:

1 Like

Same here! Lol

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. When I crashed, if I’ve used my right arm first to support the tuck & roll, I might not have had an injury on my left wrist (given my right hand is stronger and more developed for having had had a lot of uhmm… training and uhm… exercise since I discovered wiggly lines from scrambled cable tv signals).

2 Likes

I think people use that hand which feels natural. I ride goofy and hold remote in my right hand because I’m right-handed. I would probably kill myself with the left hand because it’s so retarded what comes to precise movements.

2 Likes

I used to ride with the remote in my back hand, then I broke my wrist and while the cast was still on I was forced to switch hand. It didn’t take more than 2 minutes to feel natural again. Now I’m pretty much ambidextrous.

I ride goofy and I use my right. My left hand is a different story… “Hey left hand push the throttle just a teeny bit.” “HuhhhHShshdjdnsiziHhhh??? Fuall trottil???”

3 Likes

All At the same time?! That must take some skill :smirk:

1 Like

You know it, esk8 archery. It’s a thing.

2 Likes

I ride goofy and use right hand for remote, I had a 16mph fall about 2 months ago I was using meepo style remote and holding it fist like when i landed, my pinky finger took a fair impact along with the size of that hand I def. think this would have been less if I was using my trailing hand for remote.

I wear gloves with puck now all the time and that dam remote is getting treated like a puck in future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here, it hasn’t created any issues for me.

I get the throttle where i want it, engage cruise control, then go into a tuck and just clench the remote between my buttocks. That way i have both hands free to make very rude gestures to everyone around me.

9 Likes

I think its time you become a professional stand-up comedian. :slight_smile:

i’m about to sell a book full of jokes, but i was sitting the entire time i wrote them so i don’t know if any of them count.

Maybe my next book will be filled with banter written from a more vertical position.

4 Likes

I suspect ‘Longhairedboy’s Illustrated Book Of Banter’ would sell :slight_smile:

1 Like

You people are freaks and witches…BURN THEM!

joke :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol. Been goofy since I was 7 and rode my first board!

2 Likes