Google spreadsheet for easy and fast calculations!

Howdy Guys,

I made a google spread sheet that has a bunch of the calculations needed for building E-boards or any thing EV related.

There is an included belt/chain length calculator, Motor power calculations and graphs to go with it, Battery calculations, Range calculations, General board config calculations and Motor torque calculations.

I am still adding functionality and correcting the calculations but for the most part this would be a great tool for anyone who wants to try it.

Some thing to note at the moment is that the graphs do not factor in the gear ratios. Also the efficiency on the graphs is not yet very accurate. If you mix and match some of the unit it could mess up the later units down the road. i have not yet fixed all of these problems. Stick to SI

Image Album: http://imgur.com/a/Pudno

Future Change log -Different units of Resistance (maybe) -Different units of power (maybe) -Add more units of torque (maybe) -incorporate gear ratio in Power and torque calculations -correct the efficiency for power loss of the motor on graphs

Let me know if I messed up the calculations.

STILL consider this Napkin Math ( A General Estimation)

Let me know what you think. Any input or feature request are much appreciated. Also I can answer any question of why I set it up the way I did.

Rest of the work was done just in Google sheets: Google sheets Link (works) Electric Vehicle V1.6 Public

The google sheet is in a view only format so to download the sheet follow the instructions below.

In the top right hand corner under “file” there will be an option to “add to drive”. This way you have your own copy in google drive.

Or

Also in the top right hand corner under “file” there will be an option you can “download it as”: and what every file format you like.

Hope this helps!

PS: This was inspred by a post on Endless-sphere by piyiotisk.

12 Likes

Also I would like to make this into a stand alone web site. So that it would be easier to use. Similar to Esk8 Calculator. I am not very good with HTML or web site building at all.

1 Like

Great job with this calculator!!! So far it works great and i love all the information it shows, much more useful than the esk8 calculator website you mentioned. Just writing this so that you know that the work you are working on is awesome and i think it will be great when its finished. In my school Im on an FRC team and when we design our gearboxes and transmissions we use calculators just like this on google sheets or excel, so you really dont have to worry about making this into a website at all! It looks very professional and thank you for taking some math off my shoulders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you managed to complete the motor torque calculations. I am current designing my first electric skateboard and would like to choose the most appropriate motor for my application.